Football, Sports

Yellow Jackets remain unbeaten, run all over Canes

Georgia Tech’s deep rushing attack was just too much.

The Yellow Jackets (5-0) rushed for 311 yards as they forced the Hurricanes back to a .500 record, 0-3 on the road.

Nine different Georgia Tech players combined for 65 carries, ultimately accumulating four touchdowns.

Duke Johnson also enjoyed a solid running effort (100 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries), but that was about it for the Miami offense.

After an opening-drive touchdown pass to fellow freshman Braxton Berrios, quarterback Brad Kaaya struggled in the second half and threw two costly interceptions in enemy territory – including one on the final drive in the end zone.

Kaaya still threw for 245 yards, but he failed to bring the Canes back late in the fourth after going down 28-17 after an eight-yard run by Georgia Tech running back Deon Hill.

The orange and green will head back to Miami Saturday to square off against Cincinnati (2-2).

Danny New

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...