Football, Sports

Yellow Jackets remain unbeaten, run all over Canes

Georgia Tech’s deep rushing attack was just too much.

The Yellow Jackets (5-0) rushed for 311 yards as they forced the Hurricanes back to a .500 record, 0-3 on the road.

Nine different Georgia Tech players combined for 65 carries, ultimately accumulating four touchdowns.

Duke Johnson also enjoyed a solid running effort (100 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries), but that was about it for the Miami offense.

After an opening-drive touchdown pass to fellow freshman Braxton Berrios, quarterback Brad Kaaya struggled in the second half and threw two costly interceptions in enemy territory – including one on the final drive in the end zone.

Kaaya still threw for 245 yards, but he failed to bring the Canes back late in the fourth after going down 28-17 after an eight-yard run by Georgia Tech running back Deon Hill.

The orange and green will head back to Miami Saturday to square off against Cincinnati (2-2).

Danny New

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...