News, Student Government

SG fall voter turnout doubles from last year

The number of votes cast in the Student Government (SG) fall 2014 election doubled from last year’s fall election, with more than 600 students coming out to vote, according to Symon Rowlands, the SG Election Commissions Chair.

SG Senate election results were announced on Wednesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Of the 24 available seats, 23 were filled.

The one remaining position, the senator for the School of Communication, will be available through the Senate Selections Process.

Votes were cast in the UC Breezeway between Monday and Wednesday and on OrgSync.

Fall 2014 SG Election Results

For College of Arts and Sciences Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Ishtpreet Singh

2. Josh Zuchniarz

For Commuter Senator there are three seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Jacqueline Safstrom

2. Luis Mejia

3. David Mejia

For the Eaton Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Sandeep Dhingra

For the Fraternity Row Senator there is one seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Jeffrey Sznapstajler

For the Freshmen Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Henson Destine

2. Chika Gbenoba

For the Hecht Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winners are as follows:

1. Alan Lekah

For the Junior Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Puja Narain

2. Charlotte Gerrity

For the Mahoney Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Nicholas Kaleel

For the Pearson Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Megan Pimentel

For Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Harrison Clark

For School of Architecture Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Nick Meury

For School of Business Administration Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Jake Henning

For School of Communication Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. This seat will be available through the Senate Selections Process.

For School of Education and Human Development Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Jimmy Maguire

For Senior Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Skip McClinton

2. Ali Khan

For Sophomore Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Kristin Cilluffo

2. Adam Levine

For the Stanford Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Zahra Markatia

Source: Brandon Gross, assistant director of the Student Center Complex

Marlee Lisker

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...