News, Student Government

SG fall voter turnout doubles from last year

The number of votes cast in the Student Government (SG) fall 2014 election doubled from last year’s fall election, with more than 600 students coming out to vote, according to Symon Rowlands, the SG Election Commissions Chair.

SG Senate election results were announced on Wednesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Of the 24 available seats, 23 were filled.

The one remaining position, the senator for the School of Communication, will be available through the Senate Selections Process.

Votes were cast in the UC Breezeway between Monday and Wednesday and on OrgSync.

Fall 2014 SG Election Results

For College of Arts and Sciences Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Ishtpreet Singh

2. Josh Zuchniarz

For Commuter Senator there are three seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Jacqueline Safstrom

2. Luis Mejia

3. David Mejia

For the Eaton Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Sandeep Dhingra

For the Fraternity Row Senator there is one seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Jeffrey Sznapstajler

For the Freshmen Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Henson Destine

2. Chika Gbenoba

For the Hecht Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winners are as follows:

1. Alan Lekah

For the Junior Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Puja Narain

2. Charlotte Gerrity

For the Mahoney Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Nicholas Kaleel

For the Pearson Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Megan Pimentel

For Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Harrison Clark

For School of Architecture Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Nick Meury

For School of Business Administration Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Jake Henning

For School of Communication Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. This seat will be available through the Senate Selections Process.

For School of Education and Human Development Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Jimmy Maguire

For Senior Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Skip McClinton

2. Ali Khan

For Sophomore Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Kristin Cilluffo

2. Adam Levine

For the Stanford Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Zahra Markatia

Source: Brandon Gross, assistant director of the Student Center Complex

Marlee Lisker

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...