News, Student Government

SG fall voter turnout doubles from last year

The number of votes cast in the Student Government (SG) fall 2014 election doubled from last year’s fall election, with more than 600 students coming out to vote, according to Symon Rowlands, the SG Election Commissions Chair.

SG Senate election results were announced on Wednesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Of the 24 available seats, 23 were filled.

The one remaining position, the senator for the School of Communication, will be available through the Senate Selections Process.

Votes were cast in the UC Breezeway between Monday and Wednesday and on OrgSync.

Fall 2014 SG Election Results

For College of Arts and Sciences Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Ishtpreet Singh

2. Josh Zuchniarz

For Commuter Senator there are three seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Jacqueline Safstrom

2. Luis Mejia

3. David Mejia

For the Eaton Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Sandeep Dhingra

For the Fraternity Row Senator there is one seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Jeffrey Sznapstajler

For the Freshmen Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Henson Destine

2. Chika Gbenoba

For the Hecht Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winners are as follows:

1. Alan Lekah

For the Junior Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Puja Narain

2. Charlotte Gerrity

For the Mahoney Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Nicholas Kaleel

For the Pearson Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Megan Pimentel

For Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Harrison Clark

For School of Architecture Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Nick Meury

For School of Business Administration Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Jake Henning

For School of Communication Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. This seat will be available through the Senate Selections Process.

For School of Education and Human Development Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Jimmy Maguire

For Senior Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Skip McClinton

2. Ali Khan

For Sophomore Class Senator there are two seats available and the winners are as follows:

1. Kristin Cilluffo

2. Adam Levine

For the Stanford Residential College Senator there is one seat available and the winner is as follows:

1. Zahra Markatia

Source: Brandon Gross, assistant director of the Student Center Complex

Marlee Lisker

There is, indeed, a three-man quarterback race at the University of Miami. As spring came to a close ...

The Miami Hurricanes, for the past few years, have gone as far as their defense would take them, let ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s spring game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando: ▪ The quarterback play was ...

The Miami Hurricanes just wrapped up their spring game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, where th ...

Mark Richt, speaking publicly for the first time since retiring as the Miami Hurricanes’ coach, said ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

The No. 23 Miami Hurricanes dropped the series finale on Saturday at No. 8 Louisville, 9-6. ...

Making its fourth straight appearance in the ACC Championship semifinals, the fifth-seeded and No. 2 ...

It took much longer than anticipated, but the No. 23 Miami Hurricanes outlasted No. 8 Louisville, 16 ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...