V's Take

Dear V: Keep kisses in close quarters

“No, stop! Don’t eat that guy’s face!”

That’s what I screamed as I strolled past a bench outside the Learning Center on Thursday.

It turns out it was just a young, horny couple that decided to mack down hard before class. There actually wasn’t any eating, just passionate, intense kissing.

You know what would have been great though? If they could not.

DEAR-V PRESENTS:

“THE ANTI-PDA DOCTRINE.”

This angry doctrine is brought to you by “Hotel: a Place to Touch Privates in Private.”

That’s right folks; I hereby ban all public displays of affection.

It’s not okay. No one wants to see you kiss your boyfriend. No one wants to see a head-on collision of tongue and cherry ChapStick.

First of all, is holding hands really not enough? Can’t the other stuff wait? Tongue twisting with your partner in public is like saying, “Hey world! Look at what you don’t have.”

No one likes a bragger. You don’t see President Obama saying, “Sucks to suck, Africa. Have fun dealing with Ebola.”

Point being, it is insensitive – and vulgar – to ride the Public Displays of Affection train around campus because it makes people feel uncomfortable. And it also tarnishes your reputation.

You don’t want someone saying, “Oh, there goes Rachel McDonald. Actually, more like Rachel Mack-Donald.”

College is about morphing into a professional – not into a Venus flytrap.

Instead, save the physical connection for later. Savor it. Put that last slice of “blueballberry” pie in the fridge, and wait for a more appropriate time to devour it.

Think of it this way: if you kiss and caress all the time, it will get less special with each occurrence. For all of you business majors, the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility will decrease the individual value.

So you’re better off saving it anyway – saving it for a place where no one else is watching.

Empty, private places include (but are limited to): a dorm room, a car, a closet, the Stacks (not during finals), a classroom, a bathroom, your parents’ bedroom and a Florida State University library.

So, live it up kids. You have a right to your sexual freedom – just in a safe, closed environment.

And make sure the iCloud isn’t updating itself with your latest endeavor. Look at what happened to J-Law.

Advice Columnist

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...