Sports Briefs 9/29

SOCCER

The Hurricanes (2-8) lost a nail-biter to Syracuse (4-4-3) 1-0 in their ACC Opener. The game’s only score came in the 61st minute when Orange forward Stephanie Skilton footed a rebound past senior goalkeeper Emily Lillard. The Kansas native had three saves, bringing her to 39 on the season and ranking 2nd in the ACC. Five of eight of Miami’s losses have been by one goal. The Hurricanes will look to turn the corner on these close losses.

GOLF

The Miami women’s golf team has performed beyond the expectations of recent seasons, and heads to the ACC Championships this weekend. Three starters from the eighth-place squad at last year’s tournament will return to the course for No. 54 Miami. The action kicks off at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., at 8:30 a.m. Friday. The Canes placed in the top five of their 10 tournaments this year. To track the women’s progress throughout the weekend, follow the team on Twitter @HurricanesGolf.

Danny New may be emailed at dnew@themiamihurricane.com.

Danny New

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...