Sports Briefs 9/29

SOCCER

The Hurricanes (2-8) lost a nail-biter to Syracuse (4-4-3) 1-0 in their ACC Opener. The game’s only score came in the 61st minute when Orange forward Stephanie Skilton footed a rebound past senior goalkeeper Emily Lillard. The Kansas native had three saves, bringing her to 39 on the season and ranking 2nd in the ACC. Five of eight of Miami’s losses have been by one goal. The Hurricanes will look to turn the corner on these close losses.

GOLF

The Miami women’s golf team has performed beyond the expectations of recent seasons, and heads to the ACC Championships this weekend. Three starters from the eighth-place squad at last year’s tournament will return to the course for No. 54 Miami. The action kicks off at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., at 8:30 a.m. Friday. The Canes placed in the top five of their 10 tournaments this year. To track the women’s progress throughout the weekend, follow the team on Twitter @HurricanesGolf.

Danny New may be emailed at dnew@themiamihurricane.com.

Danny New

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...