Edge, Television

‘Once Upon a Time’ features familiar ‘Frozen’ cast

It may only have been a year since “Frozen” warmed the hearts of children and adults alike, but we will get to see the princesses of Arendelle sooner than expected as they come to the set of Storybrooke in ABC’s “Once Upon a Time.”

“Once Upon a Time,” which is entering its fourth season, has been rejuvenated with the presence of the newest Disney princesses. Renowned for its taking old fairytales, such as Snow White, Peter Pan, and Rumpelstiltskin, and adding a twist, many fans worry about how the cast of Frozen. Will Elsa find a love? What about some musical numbers? And who exactly will be making an appearance in the upcoming season?

Fortunately, the creators of “Once Upon a Time,” Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, have not been too stingy with some Frozen-related spoilers. In regards to finding a beau for Elsa, the Horowitz said, “We’re not planning to put Elsa on match.com. We’re more interested in what the movie explored, the relationship between sisters, and that relationship will be central to the story.” Addressing the hopes (or fears) of many fans, the Horowitz also divulged that there will not be a musical episode this season, saying, “We’ve never done a musical episode, and I don’t think the way we want to tell this story is to suddenly turn ‘Once Upon a Time’ into a musical.”

Finally, and rather importantly, which characters will get live-action interpretations on the show? Well, Olaf has been ruled out, which is really sad considering the comic relief and value he added to the movie. We will, however, be seeing real-life versions of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Hans, and even Sven, the reindeer. Pabbie the Troll King will also join the cast, played by John Rhys-Davies (Gimli the dwarf from “The Lord of the Rings”). We do not know for sure if these characters will actually come to Storybrooke or if they will appear in flashbacks, though. Additionally, “Lost” actress Elizabeth Mitchell has been cast in a mysterious role on the show, making people wonder who exactly the antagonist of this season will be.

Of course, the season finale left many possible avenues for the show to travel in regards to that question. Regina, the former evil queen, had finally found her true love in Robin Hood, but that love will be put to the test as a result of an unexpected, last-minute twist. On the subject of love, Emma Swan and Captain Hook have finally provided Captain Swan shippers the best season finale moment they could have dreamed of. Adding to this love cycle is the youngest member of the cast, Snow White and Prince Charming’s newborn baby, Neal.

Esther Ponce De Leon

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...