News Briefs 9/25

Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Laquita Phillips, the Hurricane Productions graduate assistant, rides The Chili Pepper at the Rat Rodeo Wednesday. The Rathskeller Advisory Board (RAB) organized a Western-themed event that also featured a photo booth. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

USpeak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry open mic event, hosted by the national undergraduate literary journal of the University of Miami Department of English, “Mangrove,” will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Wesley House. The event will include a performance from Miami poet Jose A. Villar-Portela. Attendees are welcome to read their work, play their music and listen to others’ art. For more information, visit miami.edu/uspeak.

U Got Consent?

Take a stand against sexual violence from 12 to 2 p.m. on Thursday at the Rock. The Yellow Rose Society will be collecting signatures as a pledge against sexual violence. There will be educational information on sexual consent in an effort to inform the campus and community on the topic and to encourage safety and prevention.

Russian Tea Party

Join your fellow Canes in the Eastern European Club and the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) for a Russian dessert and tea party from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday in the Student Activities Center (SAC) Iron Arrow room.

Homecoming Concert Tickets 

This year, Hurricane Productions and the Concerts Committee are bringing Matt and Kim and Fabolous to campus as the homecoming concert performers. Tickets to the concert will be on sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Monday at the University Center ticket window. There are two types of tickets: general admission floor (GA Floor) and general admission seats (GA Seats). Floor tickets are available for students only. However, there are no chairs on the floor. Floor tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edabau@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...