News Briefs 9/25

Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Laquita Phillips, the Hurricane Productions graduate assistant, rides The Chili Pepper at the Rat Rodeo Wednesday. The Rathskeller Advisory Board (RAB) organized a Western-themed event that also featured a photo booth. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

USpeak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry open mic event, hosted by the national undergraduate literary journal of the University of Miami Department of English, “Mangrove,” will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Wesley House. The event will include a performance from Miami poet Jose A. Villar-Portela. Attendees are welcome to read their work, play their music and listen to others’ art. For more information, visit miami.edu/uspeak.

U Got Consent?

Take a stand against sexual violence from 12 to 2 p.m. on Thursday at the Rock. The Yellow Rose Society will be collecting signatures as a pledge against sexual violence. There will be educational information on sexual consent in an effort to inform the campus and community on the topic and to encourage safety and prevention.

Russian Tea Party

Join your fellow Canes in the Eastern European Club and the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) for a Russian dessert and tea party from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday in the Student Activities Center (SAC) Iron Arrow room.

Homecoming Concert Tickets 

This year, Hurricane Productions and the Concerts Committee are bringing Matt and Kim and Fabolous to campus as the homecoming concert performers. Tickets to the concert will be on sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Monday at the University Center ticket window. There are two types of tickets: general admission floor (GA Floor) and general admission seats (GA Seats). Floor tickets are available for students only. However, there are no chairs on the floor. Floor tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edabau@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...