Edge, Featured, Music

Matt and Kim, Fabolous to headline Homecoming concert

photo

A representative from Hurricane Productions, alongside Sebastian the Ibis and the band B.Miles, announces the Homecoming concert headliners during Patio Jams Thursday. Ashley Martinez // Edge Editor

Matt And Kim and Fabolous will be headlining the 2014 Homecoming concert, Hurricane Productions (HP) announced Thursday at the UC Patio.

The concert will take place at 8 p.m. on Oct. 30. The first release of concert tickets will be on Sept. 29 in the University Center window.

Matt and Kim are an indie dance duo best known for the hit song “Daylight.” Fabolous is a hip-hop artist. Both acts are originally from Brooklyn, New York.

According to Clayton Kryvicky, concert chair for HP, the focus this year was to bring artists to campus who would represent the diverse music tastes of the student body.

“We really wanted to try to appeal to as many students as possible,” he said. “In the past, rap has been very popular, and it still is obviously today, but there are so many other students that are interested in other different genres.”

The concert will incorporate dance music and hip-hop styles in an effort to meet students’ interests.

Sophomore Christian Braven was expecting a bigger name for the reveal, but is still excited for Homecoming.

“I don’t think it’s on the same level as last year, because last year Big Sean was amazing,” she said. “Fabolous is good, but I thought he’s not on that level.”

Students can pick up one free ticket by showing their Cane Card. Faculty and alumni can pick up tickets two days later. The following week, if tickets are still available, students can pick up a second ticket for a friend.

Emily Dabau

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...