Blogs, UBuzz

QUIZ: Are You Smarter Than a Tour Guide?

President’s 100 (P100) is a group of student ambassadors who work with the Office of Admission to share information about the University of Miami.

They’re the students wearing orange polo shirts who give massive herds of prospective students (and their parents) a campus tour while walking backward.

P100 applicants go through a three-round selection process before being picked to represent the university, and they are trained to know all there is to know about the U. That means they know their stuff.

SEE ALSO: President’s 100 adopts selective recruitment

These quiz questions were adapted from an actual test administered to current P100s during their training at the start of the semester.

Are you smarter than a tour guide? It’s time to find out.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...