V's Take

Dear V: These itty-bitty beds leave me hanging

So here’s the big question: How do peeps get the deed done on those skinny little twin beds?

As most college students will learn – and especially our fruitful little freshmen – it is next to impossible to cozy up for some coitus on these narrow cribs. It’s like they gave us the Costco sample of an actual bed.

So, once again, the big question is: How can two people (maybe three, or even two and a half if you’re feeling adventurous) squeeze onto these planks of padding to fulfill their sexual college bucket list?

Well, don’t worry. As always, your dear friend V is here to help.

There are multiple options for this, so I shall provide a few.

First off, the obvious choice is standing. However, if you are like me, you get tired from standing for long periods of time. As an elementary school student, you also looked forward to boring assemblies when you could at least sit for an hour instead of standing around in gym class.

But still, if you are willing to commit, balancing on two feet is an option. And there’s always the desk for support.

Next, there is the body pillow option. Visit your local Bed Bath and Beyond and purchase two full-length body pillows.

Then, place your twin mattress on the floor, and sandwich it between the two body pillows. This will provide a broader surface for surfboarding and – drumroll – you can’t fall off. You can only roll into a new position.

But but but V, I can’t afford to buy pillows – I’m not one of those rich kids from California.

Have no fear, V is here to steer (not physically).

Instead, next time you head to the heavy-petting haven, put the bed on the floor, and then stick your bed pads and pillows next to it.

This also works as extra cushion for the pushin’, but is not plagued by the plights of poverty.

Other helpful tips include: putting the bed against the wall, investing in a futon that can slide out, going for a power hour in the shower and getting a sleeping bag that unzips.

If you find any more helpful tips, please tweet me (@dear_v), so I can share them with the world and promote proper passion.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...