Featured, Football, Sports

UM suspends Hurricanes defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad

Muhammad // Courtesy of Hurricane Sports

The University of Miami has suspended Hurricanes’ No. 98 defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad.

“Al-Quadin Muhammad is not currently enrolled for the fall semester and will not be participating in athletics,” university spokesperson Margot Winick said.

The university defines suspension as “complete separation from the university.” As a result, Muhammad will no longer participate in football for the duration of his suspension.

Muhammad’s suspension is the result of an individual discipline case; therefore, details cannot be disclosed.

The university has not released any more information, but according to The Miami Herald, the suspension stemmed from a confrontation with his roommate, who was left with a broken nose.

Muhammad is a sophomore and four-star recruit from Irvington, New

Jersey. The 6-foot-4-inch, 245-pound reserve defensive end played in all 13 games in 2013 as a true freshman.

He totaled eight tackles total, seven solo tackles and two sacks. Both sacks occurred in the 77-7 win against Savannah State on Sept. 21, 2013 at home. Muhammad made two solo tackles against Louisville in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

Muhammad did not play in the first two games this season, retaining eligibility upon his return.

Courtney Fiorini

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...