Club/Intramural Sports, Soccer, Sports, Volleyball

Sports Briefs 9/11

Volleyball

The 4-2 Hurricanes Volleyball team is shipping off to the HotelRED Invitational in Madison, Wisconsin. The Canes will play Wisconsin at 8 p.m. on Friday, Ball State at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Missouri State at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

After taking 1-2 at the TCU Nike Invitational, winning their last game 3-0 against Prairie View on Saturday, the team hopes to continue with a sweep.

Against Prairie View, Senior Emani Sims led the Canes with 10 kills. Savanah Leaf and Kelsie Groot each had nine kills. Freshman Haley Templeton pitched in with 29 assists.

Soccer

The Hurricanes soccer squad (2-4) dropped an afternoon match against FAU (3-2-1) Sunday.

Sophomore Emily Auld tied up the game at 1-1 with her first goal of the season, but Owls defender Olivia Mbala revived their lead in the 63rd minute and never looked back. This concluded the Hurricanes homestand with a 2-2 record, and the team will now travel to Portland, Ore. Friday for the Nike Portland Invitational.

Intramural Sports

Students can now get Intramural sports information as quickly and easily as checking Facebook with the REC*IT College app for iOS and Android devices. REC*IT is free to download.

The app is being used by hundreds of schools across the country. It allows users to view schedules, standings, player stats, team rosters and more.

Team captains can host group chats with their players, RSVP for games and post team success to their social media pages though the app.

For more information, visit recitcollege.com

Courtney Fiorini may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Screenshot of REC*IT app // Courtesy REC*IT

Courtney Fiorini

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...