Club/Intramural Sports, Soccer, Sports, Volleyball

Sports Briefs 9/11

Volleyball

The 4-2 Hurricanes Volleyball team is shipping off to the HotelRED Invitational in Madison, Wisconsin. The Canes will play Wisconsin at 8 p.m. on Friday, Ball State at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Missouri State at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

After taking 1-2 at the TCU Nike Invitational, winning their last game 3-0 against Prairie View on Saturday, the team hopes to continue with a sweep.

Against Prairie View, Senior Emani Sims led the Canes with 10 kills. Savanah Leaf and Kelsie Groot each had nine kills. Freshman Haley Templeton pitched in with 29 assists.

Soccer

The Hurricanes soccer squad (2-4) dropped an afternoon match against FAU (3-2-1) Sunday.

Sophomore Emily Auld tied up the game at 1-1 with her first goal of the season, but Owls defender Olivia Mbala revived their lead in the 63rd minute and never looked back. This concluded the Hurricanes homestand with a 2-2 record, and the team will now travel to Portland, Ore. Friday for the Nike Portland Invitational.

Intramural Sports

Students can now get Intramural sports information as quickly and easily as checking Facebook with the REC*IT College app for iOS and Android devices. REC*IT is free to download.

The app is being used by hundreds of schools across the country. It allows users to view schedules, standings, player stats, team rosters and more.

Team captains can host group chats with their players, RSVP for games and post team success to their social media pages though the app.

For more information, visit recitcollege.com

Courtney Fiorini may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Screenshot of REC*IT app // Courtesy REC*IT

Courtney Fiorini

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Throughout campus, students expressed gratitude that they can be at UM and visit family during the T ...

Vector-borne specialist John Beier tells us what we should know about the illness. ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...