Club/Intramural Sports, Soccer, Sports, Volleyball

Sports Briefs 9/11

Volleyball

The 4-2 Hurricanes Volleyball team is shipping off to the HotelRED Invitational in Madison, Wisconsin. The Canes will play Wisconsin at 8 p.m. on Friday, Ball State at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Missouri State at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

After taking 1-2 at the TCU Nike Invitational, winning their last game 3-0 against Prairie View on Saturday, the team hopes to continue with a sweep.

Against Prairie View, Senior Emani Sims led the Canes with 10 kills. Savanah Leaf and Kelsie Groot each had nine kills. Freshman Haley Templeton pitched in with 29 assists.

Soccer

The Hurricanes soccer squad (2-4) dropped an afternoon match against FAU (3-2-1) Sunday.

Sophomore Emily Auld tied up the game at 1-1 with her first goal of the season, but Owls defender Olivia Mbala revived their lead in the 63rd minute and never looked back. This concluded the Hurricanes homestand with a 2-2 record, and the team will now travel to Portland, Ore. Friday for the Nike Portland Invitational.

Intramural Sports

Students can now get Intramural sports information as quickly and easily as checking Facebook with the REC*IT College app for iOS and Android devices. REC*IT is free to download.

The app is being used by hundreds of schools across the country. It allows users to view schedules, standings, player stats, team rosters and more.

Team captains can host group chats with their players, RSVP for games and post team success to their social media pages though the app.

For more information, visit recitcollege.com

Courtney Fiorini may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Screenshot of REC*IT app // Courtesy REC*IT

Courtney Fiorini

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...