Blogs, Featured, Shalala, UBuzz

Top 10 Yik Yak Reactions to Shalala Stepping Down

President Donna E. Shalala announced Monday that she will be stepping down from her position as president of the University of Miami, and UM students have reacted on social media.

The Miami Hurricane staff has collected screenshots from Yik Yak of some of the wittiest reactions.

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.53.59 PM

yikyak1Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.54.04 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.48.24 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.51.12 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.50.46 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.56.23 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.59.26 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 3.09.55 PM

Read the news story: Donna E. Shalala will step down at school year’s end

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...