Blogs, Featured, Shalala, UBuzz

Top 10 Yik Yak Reactions to Shalala Stepping Down

President Donna E. Shalala announced Monday that she will be stepping down from her position as president of the University of Miami, and UM students have reacted on social media.

The Miami Hurricane staff has collected screenshots from Yik Yak of some of the wittiest reactions.

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.53.59 PM

yikyak1Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.54.04 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.48.24 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.51.12 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.50.46 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.56.23 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.59.26 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 3.09.55 PM

Read the news story: Donna E. Shalala will step down at school year’s end

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...