Blogs, Featured, Shalala, UBuzz

Top 10 Yik Yak Reactions to Shalala Stepping Down

President Donna E. Shalala announced Monday that she will be stepping down from her position as president of the University of Miami, and UM students have reacted on social media.

The Miami Hurricane staff has collected screenshots from Yik Yak of some of the wittiest reactions.

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.53.59 PM

yikyak1Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.54.04 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.48.24 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.51.12 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.50.46 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.56.23 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.59.26 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 3.09.55 PM

Read the news story: Donna E. Shalala will step down at school year’s end

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The Miami Hurricanes returned to the football field Tuesday, their first spring at the Carol Soffer ...

So much for the suspense of Selection Monday. The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t ...

The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t have to wait until Monday night’s Selection S ...

Nearly three months have passed since we last saw the Miami Hurricanes perform on a football field, ...

Manny Diaz begins his first spring practice as UM’s head football coach on Tuesday, and nobody — not ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

The Canes return home for a week, beginning a five-game homestand with a midweek series against Colu ...

The University of Miami women's track and field program rank eighth in the preseason edition of ...

New Hurricanes wide receiver K.J. Osborn was swayed by what he saw on his television set in early Ja ...

Images from the No. 27 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 triumph over No. 42 Notre Dame at t ...