Blogs, UBuzz

5 Types of Drunk People You Saw at Saturday’s Tailgate

Sometimes, enjoying a tailgate means more than a few drinks to the good folks down here at the University of Miami, so here are a few of the many characters we see at the typical UM tailgate.

Bottom’s up!

1. The “I promise I’m not drunk” girl

“You’re right, Cathy, you’re not drunk. Yes, you can have a Crunchwrap Supreme later.”

2. The “I know I’m drunk, but I don’t care” girl

She legitimately doesn’t give a crap about stumbling through AEPi’s tailgate, and she doesn’t care that she just stepped on your Sperry’s.

3. Dancing on the bed of a truck girl (or boy)

That was you yesterday wasn’t it?

4. The “you’re just blurry” fraternity guy

He’s been trying to get in your pants all afternoon long. He’s been trying so damn hard.

5. This girl

You know.

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...