Featured, Football, Sports

Canes football renews Golden Panthers rivalry

Miami Hurricanes football agreed Friday to a renewal of the Florida International University rivalry, with games slated for 2018 and 2019.

The first game will be a home game for Miami played at Sun Life Stadium on Sept. 22, 2018. The second meeting will be held in November 2019. The venue has not been determined.

The FIU Golden Panthers have not played the Miami Hurricanes since 2007. Miami is 2-0 against FIU.

Their history includes a famous brawl between the Canes and Panthers that cleared the benches in 2006, which put the rivalry on the South Florida map.

During the game, 13 players were enacted and later 31 players from both schools were suspended for fighting.

The two teams may no longer compete on the field (although that will change come 2018), but they do compete for recruits.

The Golden Panthers lost their first game this season to Bethune-Cookman 14-12.

Courtney Fiorini

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...