Blogs, UBuzz

PLAYLIST: Tailgate Like a Cane

The home-opening Hurricanes football game against Florida A&M Saturday night is the University of Miami student event of the weekend.

To help you tailgate like a Cane at Sun Life Stadium, The Miami Hurricane has created a playlist with songs that are sure to fire up Canes fans.

Here are the editors’ picks:

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...