Edge, Music

September Concert Calendar

Savoy

7:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at Revolution Live

100 SW 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

With two DJs and a drummer, Savoy is a rock trio made up by Gray Smith, Ben Eberdt, and Mike Kelley. The band is named after the Savoy Ballroom in Harlem- the first nightclub where everyone could come dance for free, no matter their race. Although a fairly new band, they promise their performance will consist of new songs and some past hits.

David Guetta

11 p.m. Sept. 5 at STORY Nightclub

136 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 3139

French house DJ Guetta has been performing since the 1980s, but only recently achieved success in 2009 with his album One Love and then his 2011 album Nothing but the Beat. Ranked as one of the Top 100 DJs by DJ Mag, his show is guaranteed to feature favorites and the highlights of his success.

Kings of Leon

7 p.m. Sept. 6 at Cruzan Amphitheatre

601 Sansburys Way #7, West Palm Beach, FL 33411

In their Boston performance, the band’s bus stopped short to avoid a pedestrian causing the drummer Nathan Followill to break his ribs, so the band had to postpone their performances for two weeks. If all goes according to plan, the band will still play on Sept. 6, ready to get back on the stage for a performance to remember.

Cris Cab

8 p.m. Sept. 6 at Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel

1701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Preparing to debut his first album Where I Belong, 21-year-old Chris Cab has worked with some of the biggest names in music, such as Pharell Williams. Born in Miami, Florida, he claims his childhood helped shape his love of music.

Paul Oakenfold

11 p.m. Sept. 6 at LIV

4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140

One of the original trance DJs, Paul Oakenfold has been performing for more than 20 years and has released three studio albums, with one to be announced. An English performer, he has traveled the world performing electronica, acid house, and trance

Prince Royce

7 p.m. Sept. 7 at The Fillmore Miami Beach

1700 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Born Geoffrey Royce Rojas, this Latin sensation, who bases a lot of his music out of Miami, is touring for his third studio album release, Soy El Miso. After having toured with Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull in 2011, his fame, and the number of fans attending each event, have skyrocketed.

Lily Allen

8 p.m. Sept. 9 at The Fillmore Miami Beach

1700 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, Fla. 33139

After a three-year hiatus, Lily Allen is back performing her new album “Sheezus.” The album centers around her being a woman in the center of the spotlight. Even with her many roles as a mother of two children and the lead singer for “Bang Bang,” in her new hit single, she hasn’t let anything distract her from her music.

Rascal Flatts

7:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at Cruzan Amphitheatre

601 Sansburys Way #7, West Palm Beach, Fla. 33411

Composed of Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney, this country pop/rock band has been leading the scene for a long time, from Disney Channel Stars to seven albums. The concert is sure to feature new songs, as well as past hits that brought them to the height of their fame.

Demi Lovato

7 p.m. Sept. 14 at American Airlines Arena

601 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, Fla. 33132

From “Barney and Friends,” to Disney Channel, to the pinnacle of her own career, Demi Lovato performs with not only passion but also a genuine care for her audience rarely seen from many performers.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

7 p.m. Sept. 20 at Cruzan Amphitheatre

Founded in Gainesville, Florida in 1976, the rock band has been steady in its fame and lineup with Tom Petty as the lead throughout. Having led the heartland rock movement in the late 1970s with other hits like Bruce Springsteen and Bob Seger, this band is as much a classic as a beloved hit today.

The Pretty Reckless

6 p.m. Sept. 21 at Revolution Live

100 SW 3rd Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL

Both a hard rock and alternative rock band, Taylor Momsen, Ben Phillips, Mark Damon and Jamie Perkins have been touring since 2009, releasing many hits throughout that time. Momsen began on “Gossip Girl,” but left the show to follow her dreams of becoming a music artist.

Maya Lubarsky

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...