Edge, Music

September Concert Calendar

Savoy

7:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at Revolution Live

100 SW 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

With two DJs and a drummer, Savoy is a rock trio made up by Gray Smith, Ben Eberdt, and Mike Kelley. The band is named after the Savoy Ballroom in Harlem- the first nightclub where everyone could come dance for free, no matter their race. Although a fairly new band, they promise their performance will consist of new songs and some past hits.

David Guetta

11 p.m. Sept. 5 at STORY Nightclub

136 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 3139

French house DJ Guetta has been performing since the 1980s, but only recently achieved success in 2009 with his album One Love and then his 2011 album Nothing but the Beat. Ranked as one of the Top 100 DJs by DJ Mag, his show is guaranteed to feature favorites and the highlights of his success.

Kings of Leon

7 p.m. Sept. 6 at Cruzan Amphitheatre

601 Sansburys Way #7, West Palm Beach, FL 33411

In their Boston performance, the band’s bus stopped short to avoid a pedestrian causing the drummer Nathan Followill to break his ribs, so the band had to postpone their performances for two weeks. If all goes according to plan, the band will still play on Sept. 6, ready to get back on the stage for a performance to remember.

Cris Cab

8 p.m. Sept. 6 at Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel

1701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Preparing to debut his first album Where I Belong, 21-year-old Chris Cab has worked with some of the biggest names in music, such as Pharell Williams. Born in Miami, Florida, he claims his childhood helped shape his love of music.

Paul Oakenfold

11 p.m. Sept. 6 at LIV

4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140

One of the original trance DJs, Paul Oakenfold has been performing for more than 20 years and has released three studio albums, with one to be announced. An English performer, he has traveled the world performing electronica, acid house, and trance

Prince Royce

7 p.m. Sept. 7 at The Fillmore Miami Beach

1700 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Born Geoffrey Royce Rojas, this Latin sensation, who bases a lot of his music out of Miami, is touring for his third studio album release, Soy El Miso. After having toured with Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull in 2011, his fame, and the number of fans attending each event, have skyrocketed.

Lily Allen

8 p.m. Sept. 9 at The Fillmore Miami Beach

1700 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, Fla. 33139

After a three-year hiatus, Lily Allen is back performing her new album “Sheezus.” The album centers around her being a woman in the center of the spotlight. Even with her many roles as a mother of two children and the lead singer for “Bang Bang,” in her new hit single, she hasn’t let anything distract her from her music.

Rascal Flatts

7:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at Cruzan Amphitheatre

601 Sansburys Way #7, West Palm Beach, Fla. 33411

Composed of Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney, this country pop/rock band has been leading the scene for a long time, from Disney Channel Stars to seven albums. The concert is sure to feature new songs, as well as past hits that brought them to the height of their fame.

Demi Lovato

7 p.m. Sept. 14 at American Airlines Arena

601 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, Fla. 33132

From “Barney and Friends,” to Disney Channel, to the pinnacle of her own career, Demi Lovato performs with not only passion but also a genuine care for her audience rarely seen from many performers.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

7 p.m. Sept. 20 at Cruzan Amphitheatre

Founded in Gainesville, Florida in 1976, the rock band has been steady in its fame and lineup with Tom Petty as the lead throughout. Having led the heartland rock movement in the late 1970s with other hits like Bruce Springsteen and Bob Seger, this band is as much a classic as a beloved hit today.

The Pretty Reckless

6 p.m. Sept. 21 at Revolution Live

100 SW 3rd Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL

Both a hard rock and alternative rock band, Taylor Momsen, Ben Phillips, Mark Damon and Jamie Perkins have been touring since 2009, releasing many hits throughout that time. Momsen began on “Gossip Girl,” but left the show to follow her dreams of becoming a music artist.

Maya Lubarsky

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...