Sports Briefs 9/4

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the University of Miami's club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the UM club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Football Game Buses

Seats on the buses can now be reserved online. All students should receive an email with the details. Buses will pick up students and their guests (if they have a guest ticket) at Stanford Circle. Buses will start leaving three hours before kickoff, and the last one will depart at the scheduled kickoff time. Only clear bags are permitted, and the buses will start returning to campus from the game at halftime.

Access the bus reservation form here.

Fun Life at Sun Life

Sun Life Stadium – where the Hurricane football team competes – is being renovated. By 2016, the stadium will have new lighting, seat cushions and an almost-entirely-covering roof. The $350-million-dollar plan is being paid for by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, and the motivation for the improvements came from the NFL, which stated that Miami could not host another Super Bowl until the team’s stadium updated its features.

Danny New

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...