Sports Briefs 9/4

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the University of Miami's club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the UM club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Football Game Buses

Seats on the buses can now be reserved online. All students should receive an email with the details. Buses will pick up students and their guests (if they have a guest ticket) at Stanford Circle. Buses will start leaving three hours before kickoff, and the last one will depart at the scheduled kickoff time. Only clear bags are permitted, and the buses will start returning to campus from the game at halftime.

Access the bus reservation form here.

Fun Life at Sun Life

Sun Life Stadium – where the Hurricane football team competes – is being renovated. By 2016, the stadium will have new lighting, seat cushions and an almost-entirely-covering roof. The $350-million-dollar plan is being paid for by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, and the motivation for the improvements came from the NFL, which stated that Miami could not host another Super Bowl until the team’s stadium updated its features.

Danny New

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...