Sports Briefs 9/4

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the University of Miami's club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the UM club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Football Game Buses

Seats on the buses can now be reserved online. All students should receive an email with the details. Buses will pick up students and their guests (if they have a guest ticket) at Stanford Circle. Buses will start leaving three hours before kickoff, and the last one will depart at the scheduled kickoff time. Only clear bags are permitted, and the buses will start returning to campus from the game at halftime.

Access the bus reservation form here.

Fun Life at Sun Life

Sun Life Stadium – where the Hurricane football team competes – is being renovated. By 2016, the stadium will have new lighting, seat cushions and an almost-entirely-covering roof. The $350-million-dollar plan is being paid for by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, and the motivation for the improvements came from the NFL, which stated that Miami could not host another Super Bowl until the team’s stadium updated its features.

Danny New

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...