Edge, Featured, Food

Daily dosings of Miami Spice

Swine Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Swine Southern Table & Bar Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

If your week needs a little more spice, visit the city’s top restaurants through Miami Spice — an event serving a fixed, three-course meal at a tasty $23 for lunch and $39 for dinner. These dishes bring the flavors of Miami’s finest restaurants into a student’s budget. 

So check out these suggestions for where to go during the week to experience succulent, signature dishes.

Sunday: L’echon Brasserie

For a Sunday brunch-inspired meal, head over to L’echon Brasserie in Miami Beach to experience breakfast staples with a French je ne sais quoi. Classics like a tart made of country ham and parmesan, a country pate with dijon vinaigrette and Croque Monsieur grace the menu. Indulge in a croissant bread pudding made with milk chocolate custard and peanut butter short bread; or if you’re feeling more traditional, the creme brulee. 

L’echon Brasserie is located at the Hilton Cabana Miami Beach 6261 Collins ave. Miami Beach Fl, 33140.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=115961&Type=Lunch

Monday: Swine Southern Table & Bar

Mondays can be rough, so indulge in some Southern comfort food at Swine Southern Table & Bar. Explore down-home cooking Miami-style with deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes, and the Swine BLT sandwich crafted with pork belly pastrami, smoked swiss and special sauce. Then, sink your teeth into a hearty dessert: Triple Chocolate Texas Toast Bread Puddin’ served with coffee ice cream and smoked citrus. 

Swine Southern Table & Bar is located at 2415 ponce de leon blvd. coral gables fl, 33134.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=111643&Type=Lunch

Tuesday: Bulla Gastrobar

Go beyond “Taco Tuesdays” at Bulla Gastrobar with authentic Spanish flavors: bunuelos de bacalao – codfish fritters – or a tortilla espanola – a traditional Spanish omlette – are the way to start off your fiesta. Then, choose from rich dishes like a pork loin covered in cumin and paprika, or pollo chilindron – grilled chicken breast, serrano ham, red pepper stew and steamed rice. 

Bulla Gastrobar is located at 2500 ponce de leon blvd. coral gables fl, 33134.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=113942&Type=Lunch

Wednesday: Angelique Euro Cafe 

For a mid-week pick-me-up, try this cafe for their “Winesday Wednesday” specials. Savor European cuisine like bite-sized cheese souffles, escargot  in a white wine butter sauce, and bruschetta. Entrees feature bold flavors: Scottish salmon with capers and duck confit pasta in a light mascarpone sauce.

117 Miracle  Mile Coral Gables FL, 33134

Angelique Euro Cafe is located at 117 miracle mile coral gables fl, 33134.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=106752&Type=Lunch

Thursday: Peacock Garden Cafe 

Pre-game your Grove night with a meal at Peacock Garden Cafe. The American restaurant’s Miami Spice menu is fresh and straightforward. Appetizers like prosciutto with pears, or lobster with mango and avocado, set the tone. The filet mignon entree is as good a deal as it gets. End your meal on a sweet note with the chocolate walnut brownie or strawberry shortcake.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=109230&Type=Lunch

Friday: Toscana Divino 

At Toscana Divino in Mary Brickell Village, the three-course menu is fanciful: roasted rabbit, risotto with parmigiano reggiano and duck prosciutto, or a simple parpadelle pasta with porcini mushroom puree. Just in case you’re not salivating yet: carrot cake for dessert comes with cream cheese ice cream. Once you’re filled to the brim with Italian decadence, you’ll be ready for a night on the town in Brickell.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=109783&Type=Lunch

Saturday: Il Mulino New York

On Saturday, grab lunch in South Beach at this New York import. The Italian trattoria is serving up ricotta meatballs as an appetizer. Entrees include gnocchi with tomato basil sauce, veal marsala with prosciutto and mushrooms, and salmon served over broccoli rabe. Try the tiramisu or Italian cheesecake with seasonal berries for dessert. Following your meal, you’ll want to amble around South Pointe Park at the new pier.  

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=28965&Type=Lunch

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

We examined where UM stands with defensive recruiting, by position, in this piece. Here’s a look at ...

Lakeland, for the most part, has always been Florida Gators country. Florida has been able to rely o ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is receiving strong consideration for the head ...

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...