News briefs 8/25

Club Sports Expo

All 46 active clubs will be showcased at the Herbert Wellness Center and Intramural Fields from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday. Students are welcome to walk around the building and outside to learn more about participating club sports and learn how to join or get more involved.

We Bleed Orange & Green

University of Miami’s Department of Athletics is hosting an open house from 6 to 7 p.m. on Friday at the Knight Sports Complex. The event will give new students an up-close look at UM athletics as well as a chance to interact with current UM student-athletes. There will be pizza and prizes followed by the soccer game at 7 p.m.

Canes After Dark

Canes Night Live  will be taking over the Student Activities Center from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday with Canes After Dark. The event will feature a luau theme to kick off the new year. There will be sand art, lei making, Pollo Tropical, smoothies, headband weaving, hui aloha dance performances and a photo booth.

Orientation Outreach

The Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development will be hosting Orientation Outreach from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Students are invited to participate in community service throughout the city of Miami. Volunteering will take place at various non-profit organizations throughout the area. It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes; bring a pair of pants and long-sleeve shirt as well. Breakfast, lunch and a volunteer T-shirt will be provided. Volunteers will meet at the Rock. For more information, call 305-284-4483.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edabau@themiamihurricane.com. 

Emily Dabau

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...