News briefs 8/25

Club Sports Expo

All 46 active clubs will be showcased at the Herbert Wellness Center and Intramural Fields from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday. Students are welcome to walk around the building and outside to learn more about participating club sports and learn how to join or get more involved.

We Bleed Orange & Green

University of Miami’s Department of Athletics is hosting an open house from 6 to 7 p.m. on Friday at the Knight Sports Complex. The event will give new students an up-close look at UM athletics as well as a chance to interact with current UM student-athletes. There will be pizza and prizes followed by the soccer game at 7 p.m.

Canes After Dark

Canes Night Live  will be taking over the Student Activities Center from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday with Canes After Dark. The event will feature a luau theme to kick off the new year. There will be sand art, lei making, Pollo Tropical, smoothies, headband weaving, hui aloha dance performances and a photo booth.

Orientation Outreach

The Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development will be hosting Orientation Outreach from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Students are invited to participate in community service throughout the city of Miami. Volunteering will take place at various non-profit organizations throughout the area. It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes; bring a pair of pants and long-sleeve shirt as well. Breakfast, lunch and a volunteer T-shirt will be provided. Volunteers will meet at the Rock. For more information, call 305-284-4483.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edabau@themiamihurricane.com. 

Emily Dabau

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...