New year offers new food options

Outtakes stands as a new  connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Outtakes stands as a new connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Dining services introduced a diverse variety of new food options throughout campus this semester, including popular chains like Pollo Tropical and Einstein Bros. Bagels, in addition to a renovated Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

Pollo Tropical, which offers Caribbean-inspired casual dining, will open in the Hurricane Food Court along with Innovation Kitchen, which will feature Wicked Spoon, a frozen yogurt concept.

Pollo Tropical is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. Innovation Kitchen is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Both are closed on weekends.

For those looking for a late-night stop during the week or on weekends, Outtakes has opened in the food court and features late-night quick bites. It will offer pre-packaged produces as well as Kosher menu items. The “Corner Deli” at Outtakes will offer salads and piled-high sandwiches.

Outtakes is open 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday. The Corner Deli is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is closed on the weekends.

Einstein Bros. Bagels will be making its appearance at the School of Law, offering favorites for all and providing a centered stop for morning, afternoon or late night bite near the Student Activities Center (SAC).

Einstein Bagels is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.

In addition to all the added dining locations, more options will be added spring 2015, including a burger concept from California, Built by The Counter and Tossed, a made-to-order salad concept.

The Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall now features healthy, market-style meal options through Chartwells’ “Pulse on Dining” brand, which will also take part in the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall. The new food at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall will be complemented with a contemporary design, and an athletic training table for athletes that will be open to all students for breakfast and lunch and reserved for athletes during dinner.

Emily Dabau

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...