New year offers new food options

Outtakes stands as a new  connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Outtakes stands as a new connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Dining services introduced a diverse variety of new food options throughout campus this semester, including popular chains like Pollo Tropical and Einstein Bros. Bagels, in addition to a renovated Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

Pollo Tropical, which offers Caribbean-inspired casual dining, will open in the Hurricane Food Court along with Innovation Kitchen, which will feature Wicked Spoon, a frozen yogurt concept.

Pollo Tropical is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. Innovation Kitchen is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Both are closed on weekends.

For those looking for a late-night stop during the week or on weekends, Outtakes has opened in the food court and features late-night quick bites. It will offer pre-packaged produces as well as Kosher menu items. The “Corner Deli” at Outtakes will offer salads and piled-high sandwiches.

Outtakes is open 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday. The Corner Deli is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is closed on the weekends.

Einstein Bros. Bagels will be making its appearance at the School of Law, offering favorites for all and providing a centered stop for morning, afternoon or late night bite near the Student Activities Center (SAC).

Einstein Bagels is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.

In addition to all the added dining locations, more options will be added spring 2015, including a burger concept from California, Built by The Counter and Tossed, a made-to-order salad concept.

The Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall now features healthy, market-style meal options through Chartwells’ “Pulse on Dining” brand, which will also take part in the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall. The new food at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall will be complemented with a contemporary design, and an athletic training table for athletes that will be open to all students for breakfast and lunch and reserved for athletes during dinner.

Emily Dabau

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...

Miami was leading, 10-3, when umpires suspended play at 7 p.m. on Friday. ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

No. 42 Adria Soriano Barrera collects top-25 victory against No. 21 Alexis Galarneau ...

Check out the UM Department of Athletics' e-magazine for April. ...