New year offers new food options

Outtakes stands as a new  connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Outtakes stands as a new connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Dining services introduced a diverse variety of new food options throughout campus this semester, including popular chains like Pollo Tropical and Einstein Bros. Bagels, in addition to a renovated Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

Pollo Tropical, which offers Caribbean-inspired casual dining, will open in the Hurricane Food Court along with Innovation Kitchen, which will feature Wicked Spoon, a frozen yogurt concept.

Pollo Tropical is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. Innovation Kitchen is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Both are closed on weekends.

For those looking for a late-night stop during the week or on weekends, Outtakes has opened in the food court and features late-night quick bites. It will offer pre-packaged produces as well as Kosher menu items. The “Corner Deli” at Outtakes will offer salads and piled-high sandwiches.

Outtakes is open 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday. The Corner Deli is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is closed on the weekends.

Einstein Bros. Bagels will be making its appearance at the School of Law, offering favorites for all and providing a centered stop for morning, afternoon or late night bite near the Student Activities Center (SAC).

Einstein Bagels is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.

In addition to all the added dining locations, more options will be added spring 2015, including a burger concept from California, Built by The Counter and Tossed, a made-to-order salad concept.

The Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall now features healthy, market-style meal options through Chartwells’ “Pulse on Dining” brand, which will also take part in the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall. The new food at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall will be complemented with a contemporary design, and an athletic training table for athletes that will be open to all students for breakfast and lunch and reserved for athletes during dinner.

Emily Dabau

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...