New year offers new food options

Outtakes stands as a new  connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Outtakes stands as a new connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Dining services introduced a diverse variety of new food options throughout campus this semester, including popular chains like Pollo Tropical and Einstein Bros. Bagels, in addition to a renovated Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

Pollo Tropical, which offers Caribbean-inspired casual dining, will open in the Hurricane Food Court along with Innovation Kitchen, which will feature Wicked Spoon, a frozen yogurt concept.

Pollo Tropical is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. Innovation Kitchen is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Both are closed on weekends.

For those looking for a late-night stop during the week or on weekends, Outtakes has opened in the food court and features late-night quick bites. It will offer pre-packaged produces as well as Kosher menu items. The “Corner Deli” at Outtakes will offer salads and piled-high sandwiches.

Outtakes is open 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday. The Corner Deli is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is closed on the weekends.

Einstein Bros. Bagels will be making its appearance at the School of Law, offering favorites for all and providing a centered stop for morning, afternoon or late night bite near the Student Activities Center (SAC).

Einstein Bagels is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.

In addition to all the added dining locations, more options will be added spring 2015, including a burger concept from California, Built by The Counter and Tossed, a made-to-order salad concept.

The Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall now features healthy, market-style meal options through Chartwells’ “Pulse on Dining” brand, which will also take part in the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall. The new food at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall will be complemented with a contemporary design, and an athletic training table for athletes that will be open to all students for breakfast and lunch and reserved for athletes during dinner.

Emily Dabau

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...