New year offers new food options

Outtakes stands as a new  connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Outtakes stands as a new connivence store on campus. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Dining services introduced a diverse variety of new food options throughout campus this semester, including popular chains like Pollo Tropical and Einstein Bros. Bagels, in addition to a renovated Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

Pollo Tropical, which offers Caribbean-inspired casual dining, will open in the Hurricane Food Court along with Innovation Kitchen, which will feature Wicked Spoon, a frozen yogurt concept.

Pollo Tropical is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. Innovation Kitchen is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Both are closed on weekends.

For those looking for a late-night stop during the week or on weekends, Outtakes has opened in the food court and features late-night quick bites. It will offer pre-packaged produces as well as Kosher menu items. The “Corner Deli” at Outtakes will offer salads and piled-high sandwiches.

Outtakes is open 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday. The Corner Deli is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is closed on the weekends.

Einstein Bros. Bagels will be making its appearance at the School of Law, offering favorites for all and providing a centered stop for morning, afternoon or late night bite near the Student Activities Center (SAC).

Einstein Bagels is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.

In addition to all the added dining locations, more options will be added spring 2015, including a burger concept from California, Built by The Counter and Tossed, a made-to-order salad concept.

The Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall now features healthy, market-style meal options through Chartwells’ “Pulse on Dining” brand, which will also take part in the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall. The new food at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall will be complemented with a contemporary design, and an athletic training table for athletes that will be open to all students for breakfast and lunch and reserved for athletes during dinner.

Emily Dabau

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...