Community, Edge

Top events to attend on 4/20

You don’t have to be a stoner to be excited about 4/20. This year, 4/20 is also Easter Sunday, which means many people will be spending the day with their families.

For those not with family who are looking for something new to do this 4/20, there are many events going on all over the city. Whether you’re into going to concerts, the beach, sporting events or even bars, there’s an activity for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out The Miami Hurricane’s list of 4/20 events.

GRiZ at Grand Central

If you’re looking for someone in the EDM game that’s different from what you hear on the radio, then check out GRiZ. His funky beats and smooth sax makes this event one you don’t want to miss. As one of his stops on his The Power in Numbers Spring Tour 2014, the dubstep producer is bound to bring funky and danceable tunes such as “Dance with Me,” “Smash the Funk” and “Hard Times” to Grand Central.

The show is  open to ages 18+. Tickets are $15 and doors open at 10 p.m.

Grand Central is located on 697 N. Miami Ave., Miami, Fla.

Lincoln Road Farmers Market

What’s 4/20 without some green? Stop at the Lincoln Road Farmers Market after hitting the beach and pick up some locally grown organic fruits and vegetables. If you’re not looking for food, but want flowers and spices, then definitely stop by. You’ll be amazed at the variety of options the vendors have.

The Lincoln Road Farmers Market is located between Meridian and Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Fla. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

UM vs. Notre Dame Baseball game

If you’re a sports fan go and root for the Canes baseball team (25-12.) Currently, the Canes are ranked No. 11 and this conference game is a great way to show support and school spirit. It’s also an excuse to pregame at Titanic across the street before you walk over to the stadium. The ‘Canes go against Notre Dame (14-21) at 7 p.m. at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Tickets range from $10 to $20.

Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field is located on 6201 San Amaro Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em 4/20 Show at Churchill’s Pub

Tired of hearing the same old songs? Are you done with EDM? If you’re in the mood for some metal to head bang to, check out Churchill’s. Local metal bands such as Vivid Illusion, Bullethorn and Kief Demon will all be in attendance.

The cover is $5  for 21+ and $10 for 18+. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show runs from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m.

Churchill’s Pub is located on 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, Fla.

Frank Malvar

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The words “Sweet 16” may never have been uttered as the Miami Hurricanes were laying out their prese ...

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team will play fifth-seeded Arizona State in a top-2 ...

The Hurricanes made a ninth inning rally, but came up just short to No. 5 NC State, 7-6. ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

The Hurricanes received two key signatures from transfers in December's early signing period. ...

The Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to battle the 11th-ranked Tar Heels. ...