SPORTS BRIEFS 4/17

women’s tennis

The women’s tennis team will play its final two home matches of the season this weekend at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami hosts Virginia Tech at 3 p.m. Friday, and on Sunday the Hurricanes are scheduled for a match against No. 9 Virginia at 1 p.m. The Canes will honor their seniors during Sunday’s match. The Hurricanes are ranked No. 15 in the nation with a 16-4 record (10-2 ACC).

track and field

Miami is competing in the 2014 ACC Outdoor Championships, which kick off Thursday in Chapel Hill, N.C.

Many of the track and field events featuring the Canes’ top competitors will be streaming live on theacc.com or ESPN3.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...