SPORTS BRIEFS 4/17

women’s tennis

The women’s tennis team will play its final two home matches of the season this weekend at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami hosts Virginia Tech at 3 p.m. Friday, and on Sunday the Hurricanes are scheduled for a match against No. 9 Virginia at 1 p.m. The Canes will honor their seniors during Sunday’s match. The Hurricanes are ranked No. 15 in the nation with a 16-4 record (10-2 ACC).

track and field

Miami is competing in the 2014 ACC Outdoor Championships, which kick off Thursday in Chapel Hill, N.C.

Many of the track and field events featuring the Canes’ top competitors will be streaming live on theacc.com or ESPN3.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

The Miami Hurricanes returned to the football field Tuesday, their first spring at the Carol Soffer ...

So much for the suspense of Selection Monday. The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t ...

The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t have to wait until Monday night’s Selection S ...

Nearly three months have passed since we last saw the Miami Hurricanes perform on a football field, ...

Manny Diaz begins his first spring practice as UM’s head football coach on Tuesday, and nobody — not ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

The Canes return home for a week, beginning a five-game homestand with a midweek series against Colu ...

The University of Miami women's track and field program rank eighth in the preseason edition of ...

New Hurricanes wide receiver K.J. Osborn was swayed by what he saw on his television set in early Ja ...

Images from the No. 27 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 triumph over No. 42 Notre Dame at t ...