V's Take

I just want to hang out in my birthday suit …

V,

All I want in my short life is to be able to walk around naked. I want to stop having to wear clothes to school and just hang out in my birthday suit. I mentioned this to my girlfriend of a few weeks the other day, and she seemed really creeped out. She said something about not wanting to have to see my penis all the time. Frankly, I was a little bit offended. She should be attracted to me. Should I just chuck her and find a new girl who accepts me for who I am, or should I just throw caution to the wind and condition her to seeing me naked all the time?

Sincerely, 

I just want to let it go

Dear Ludacris,

The very first thing that I suggest is that you do what you want and just be naked.

I get it – there’s a sort of freedom that comes from just letting it all air out.

I don’t, however, recommend doing this in public. It’s disturbing to others and, realistically, illegal. So, unless you want to be that creepy guy who streaks at a football game, I would keep your naked urges contained.

I want to say that you should tell your girlfriend to calm down and let you be, but especially if this a new thing, I can understand where she’s coming from. If I’m in a new relationship with someone, I enjoy getting to know them and becoming more intimate, but I certainly don’t need to be looking at you naked three weeks in. You know what I mean?

Nevertheless, it depends on where you see this relationship going. If you think it’s going to last, then just tell her that she should accept you for who you are. If it’s a person you’re just seeing, then you should most definitely find someone who is willing to love all of you.

I’m sure the issue with her not feeling like staring at your man junk all the time has nothing to do with her being or not being attracted to you. Maybe she’s just afraid she won’t be able to control herself around you when you’re naked.

Have an open conversation with your lady and try and work this out. If it’s an absolute deal breaker for her, then just move on and be naked somewhere else.

I know there are a few beaches down here that appreciate that sort of thing.

Advice Columnist

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The words “Sweet 16” may never have been uttered as the Miami Hurricanes were laying out their prese ...

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team will play fifth-seeded Arizona State in a top-2 ...

The Hurricanes made a ninth inning rally, but came up just short to No. 5 NC State, 7-6. ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

The Hurricanes received two key signatures from transfers in December's early signing period. ...

The Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to battle the 11th-ranked Tar Heels. ...