News Briefs 4/14

Conservative Week

Starting Monday, University of Miami College Republicans will be hosting Conservative Week. The events will be all-day on the Rock, beginning with a congressional candidate speech on Monday. A Support Our Troops event will be held Tuesday at the Rock. On Wednesday, they will provide a free all-American lunch at the Rock.  At 8 p.m. Thursday, there will be a free happy hour at the Rat.

Concert for Hope

UM Christian groups like Cru and the University Christian Fellowship will feature a Concert for Hope at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the UC Patio. Free food from Sushi Maki, Chick-Fil-A and other venues will be available.

Passover Seder

Chabad UM will host a Passover Seder at 8:15 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Chabad House, 1251 Hardee Road. There will be a full dinner and handmade matzot. Students will not be charged. To register, visit jewishcanes.com/seder. Chabad UM will also offer a strictly Kosher meal plan. Students can register at jewishcanes.com/mealplan.

Music in the Arboretum

Frost School of Music students will perform from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday outdoors at the Gifford Arboretum. Admission is free. Students are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets to enjoy the music.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...