News Briefs 4/14

Conservative Week

Starting Monday, University of Miami College Republicans will be hosting Conservative Week. The events will be all-day on the Rock, beginning with a congressional candidate speech on Monday. A Support Our Troops event will be held Tuesday at the Rock. On Wednesday, they will provide a free all-American lunch at the Rock.  At 8 p.m. Thursday, there will be a free happy hour at the Rat.

Concert for Hope

UM Christian groups like Cru and the University Christian Fellowship will feature a Concert for Hope at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the UC Patio. Free food from Sushi Maki, Chick-Fil-A and other venues will be available.

Passover Seder

Chabad UM will host a Passover Seder at 8:15 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Chabad House, 1251 Hardee Road. There will be a full dinner and handmade matzot. Students will not be charged. To register, visit jewishcanes.com/seder. Chabad UM will also offer a strictly Kosher meal plan. Students can register at jewishcanes.com/mealplan.

Music in the Arboretum

Frost School of Music students will perform from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday outdoors at the Gifford Arboretum. Admission is free. Students are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets to enjoy the music.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...