Sports briefs 4/10

Football

The Hurricanes’ Spring Game and related activities will be held Saturday at Sun Life Stadium. Parking lots open at 2 p.m. and all fans should park in the Maroon Lot. Stadium gates will open at 3 p.m.

The players will be available for an autograph session near Gate E at 4 p.m. The Athletic Department asks that fans do not bring their own items to be signed. The official team poster is the only memorabilia permitted for autographs.

At 5 p.m., Miami’s new uniforms for the 2014 season will be unveiled. Then, the modified Spring Game will kick off at 6 p.m.

Coach Al Golden said this year’s event will include 1-on-1 competitions,  7-on-7 drills and a brief scrimmage. It will be broadcast on ESPN3.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...

Early voting in Florida began this week and will last through Nov. 1. Here’s a rundown of everything students need to know about upcoming campus events, from the final debate watch party to transportation to the polls. ...