Photo

SpectrUM DragOut 2014

Junior Armando Hernandez performs under the drag name "Aurora Borealis" during SpectrUM's DragOut 2014 drag show held at the Rat on Wednesday night. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Junior Armando Hernandez performs under the drag name “Aurora Borealis” during SpectrUM’s DragOut 2014 drag show held Wednesday night at the Rat. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Nick Gangemi

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...