Sports briefs 4/7

Rowing

The Miami rowing team traveled to the San Diego Crew Classic and participated in the Women’s Collegiate Invitational last week.

The Canes took home a second-place finish in the 1V8+ race, its final competition. Gonzaga won the event. In the 2V8+ race, Miami’s crew finished sixth behind Gonzaga, Iowa, KSU, USD and Texas.

Next, Miami heads to Clemson, S.C. for the Tiger Invitational on April 19.

Baseball

The Hurricanes swept Virginia Tech on the road this weekend. Miami, ranked No. 24, extended its winning streak to eight games and will face Central Florida on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., in Orlando.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

The word “swag” was mentioned multiple times Tuesday at the inaugural Miami Hurricanes spring practi ...

How did Tate Martell’s Phoenix-based attorney, Travis Leach, convince the NCAA to permit Martell to ...

After a quick courtship, Daran Branch is the newest member of the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020. A ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ high-profile quarterback competition just got super spicy. Tate Martell, the 2 ...

Lots of Hurricanes nuggets on the first day of spring practice: ▪ The UM offense officially entered ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Hear from the Hurricanes as they opened up day one of spring football inside the IPF. ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

Miami rises 13 spots to No. 23 nationally. ...

Going a perfect 5-0 in doubles action, freshmen Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias collected Miami ...