Photo

Sweat with Vets

First year MBA graduate student Aaron Hommerding, did five box jumps during an obstacle course challenge and individual fitness event called “Sweat with Vets," to help out homeless veterans.The event was sponsored by The University of Miami Veteran Students Organization VSO on April 2nd on the green. Mingyue Bao // Contributing Photographer

First-year MBA graduate student Aaron Hommerding did five box jumps during an obstacle course challenge and individual fitness event called “Sweat with Vets,” helping out homeless veterans. The event was sponsored by The University of Miami Veteran Students Organization VSO on April 2nd on the green. Mingyue Bao // Contributing Photographer

Sophomore Eric-Dillan Smith participated in the entire obstacle course which included crunches, push-ups, burpies, rowing machine, box jumps, tire lifts. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Eric-Dillan Smith participated in the entire obstacle course which included crunches, push-ups, burpies, rowing machine, box jumps and tire lifts. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Felix Perez student (left), and an engineering student Oliver Doggart (right), were targets for the grenade toss (water balloons were used in lieu of grenades). Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Felix Perez (left), and an engineering student Oliver Doggart (right), were targets for the grenade toss. Water balloons were used in lieu of grenades. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Vinny Cianciaruso excercised on the seated row machine. The Veterans group competed against each other. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Vinny Cianciaruso exercised on the seated row machine. The Veterans group competed against each other. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Monica Herndon

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

UM coach Manny Diaz, who expressed disappointment in Miami’s South Florida recruiting efforts in the ...

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

Michelle Atherley of the Miami track and field team made history on Thursday, as she dominated from ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 73-65 decision Thursday night to Virginia Te ...

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Canes head to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game rivalry ser ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

Check out the February edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...