Photo

Sweat with Vets

First year MBA graduate student Aaron Hommerding, did five box jumps during an obstacle course challenge and individual fitness event called “Sweat with Vets," to help out homeless veterans.The event was sponsored by The University of Miami Veteran Students Organization VSO on April 2nd on the green. Mingyue Bao // Contributing Photographer

First-year MBA graduate student Aaron Hommerding did five box jumps during an obstacle course challenge and individual fitness event called “Sweat with Vets,” helping out homeless veterans. The event was sponsored by The University of Miami Veteran Students Organization VSO on April 2nd on the green. Mingyue Bao // Contributing Photographer

Sophomore Eric-Dillan Smith participated in the entire obstacle course which included crunches, push-ups, burpies, rowing machine, box jumps, tire lifts. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Eric-Dillan Smith participated in the entire obstacle course which included crunches, push-ups, burpies, rowing machine, box jumps and tire lifts. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Felix Perez student (left), and an engineering student Oliver Doggart (right), were targets for the grenade toss (water balloons were used in lieu of grenades). Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Felix Perez (left), and an engineering student Oliver Doggart (right), were targets for the grenade toss. Water balloons were used in lieu of grenades. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Vinny Cianciaruso excercised on the seated row machine. The Veterans group competed against each other. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Vinny Cianciaruso exercised on the seated row machine. The Veterans group competed against each other. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Monica Herndon

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...