Sports briefs 4/3

Football

The Hurricanes will play their second spring scrimmage on Friday at the Greentree Practice Field.

Miami’s first scrimmage took the team through redzone and two-minute offense drills. Senior Ryan Williams is in position to start next season at quarterback, according to coach Al Golden. Redshirt freshman Kevin Olsen took snaps behind Williams.

Though Friday’s workout is closed to the public and media, Miami has an open practice scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The official Spring Game and related festivities will be held at 6 p.m. April 12 at Sun Life Stadium.

Men’s tennis

The men’s tennis team will attempt to rebound from two road losses this weekend.

Miami lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech, but returns home to face No. 13 Duke at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by No. 9 North Carolina at noon on  Sunday.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...