Sports briefs 4/3

Football

The Hurricanes will play their second spring scrimmage on Friday at the Greentree Practice Field.

Miami’s first scrimmage took the team through redzone and two-minute offense drills. Senior Ryan Williams is in position to start next season at quarterback, according to coach Al Golden. Redshirt freshman Kevin Olsen took snaps behind Williams.

Though Friday’s workout is closed to the public and media, Miami has an open practice scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The official Spring Game and related festivities will be held at 6 p.m. April 12 at Sun Life Stadium.

Men’s tennis

The men’s tennis team will attempt to rebound from two road losses this weekend.

Miami lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech, but returns home to face No. 13 Duke at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by No. 9 North Carolina at noon on  Sunday.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

UM coach Manny Diaz, who expressed disappointment in Miami’s South Florida recruiting efforts in the ...

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

Michelle Atherley of the Miami track and field team made history on Thursday, as she dominated from ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 73-65 decision Thursday night to Virginia Te ...

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Canes head to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game rivalry ser ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

Check out the February edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...