Sports briefs 4/3

Football

The Hurricanes will play their second spring scrimmage on Friday at the Greentree Practice Field.

Miami’s first scrimmage took the team through redzone and two-minute offense drills. Senior Ryan Williams is in position to start next season at quarterback, according to coach Al Golden. Redshirt freshman Kevin Olsen took snaps behind Williams.

Though Friday’s workout is closed to the public and media, Miami has an open practice scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The official Spring Game and related festivities will be held at 6 p.m. April 12 at Sun Life Stadium.

Men’s tennis

The men’s tennis team will attempt to rebound from two road losses this weekend.

Miami lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech, but returns home to face No. 13 Duke at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by No. 9 North Carolina at noon on  Sunday.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...