Do the ‘happiness challenge’ genuinely

Most college students can relate to the feeling of being wrapped up in a scandalous Facebook post or following what is trending on Twitter. In this age of social media, it seems like our real lives sometimes come second to our lives on the web.

This is why the newest online phenomenon, the 100 Days of Happiness Challenge, is a great way to integrate social media with overall attitude and well-being. It’s a challenge that aligns with our lifestyle, and the concept is simple. Each day, you capture something that makes you happy and upload it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #100happydays.

The act of setting a goal can entirely change one’s mentality. However, the individual must have the right intentions. Completing this challenge for social acceptance negates its entire purpose.

Many people use social media to create a socially acceptable image of a happier, more composed and better version of themselves. Many are faking it – those happy status updates and smiling pictures don’t tell an entire story.

If one chooses to take the challenge, he or she should make sure his or her motivations are pure. If you are doing it as just another tool to garner likes and favorites, then don’t bother.

With the overwhelming number of apps for dating, chatting and tracking almost any aspect of our lives, we need to be certain that we also take the time to focus on actually living our lives.

After all, what should be most important is a happy life and not just a #happylife.

Alyssa Jacobson is a junior majoring in advertising and political science.

Alyssa Jacobson

At 9:17 p.m. Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz, who these days doubles as a Hur ...

With just 14 more shopping days before National Signing Day, here’s where the Hurricanes stand with ...

Manny Diaz’s coaching staff for the Miami Hurricanes is finally set. Less than three weeks after he ...

There’s at least a chance this might not be the final season watching a Wade perform on a large Sout ...

The one major hole missing on Manny Diaz’s staff until Friday was the lockdown ace recruiter. The ne ...

A large area of low pressure and arctic air swirling above the North Pole fractured and split into t ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Daevenia Achong of the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team reeled in a pair of ACC accolades, as a ...

University of Miami sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera, ranked No. 21 on the Oracle/ITA singles list, g ...

Following a one-week absence, the Miami women's basketball team reentered the top 25 of the USA ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...