Do the ‘happiness challenge’ genuinely

Most college students can relate to the feeling of being wrapped up in a scandalous Facebook post or following what is trending on Twitter. In this age of social media, it seems like our real lives sometimes come second to our lives on the web.

This is why the newest online phenomenon, the 100 Days of Happiness Challenge, is a great way to integrate social media with overall attitude and well-being. It’s a challenge that aligns with our lifestyle, and the concept is simple. Each day, you capture something that makes you happy and upload it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #100happydays.

The act of setting a goal can entirely change one’s mentality. However, the individual must have the right intentions. Completing this challenge for social acceptance negates its entire purpose.

Many people use social media to create a socially acceptable image of a happier, more composed and better version of themselves. Many are faking it – those happy status updates and smiling pictures don’t tell an entire story.

If one chooses to take the challenge, he or she should make sure his or her motivations are pure. If you are doing it as just another tool to garner likes and favorites, then don’t bother.

With the overwhelming number of apps for dating, chatting and tracking almost any aspect of our lives, we need to be certain that we also take the time to focus on actually living our lives.

After all, what should be most important is a happy life and not just a #happylife.

Alyssa Jacobson is a junior majoring in advertising and political science.

Alyssa Jacobson

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...