(3/27) News briefs

April fools day

Canes Night Live and the Rat Advisory Board are hosting an April Fools Day event at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Rat. The show will feature Brian B”Daht McLaughlin, a North Carolin radio station comedian and personality and other comedians. The show is titled The Freestyle Funny Comedy Show.

Creativity seminar

UM will host the first international seminar on innovation for content creation from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. next Thursday at the Cosford Cinema. Marlon Quintero, a television producer and content creator, will conduct the seminar. Guest panelists include Ligiah Villalobos, writer for the NBC show “ED,” and Eric Foster, a music producer for artists such as Britney Spears and Whitney Houston. For more information, email infoseminar@cicmedia.tv.

Law school playhouse

The School of Law’s Equity Playhouse will present its production “1L in Wonderland: Fairy Tales Gone Law School” at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Storer Auditorium. The play tells a law school story about final exams in the context of fairy tales. Tickets are required for admission. Student tickets cost $5, and general admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased at the School of Law courtyard near the brick wall. All ticket proceeds will be donated to Project Knucklehead and Hilarity for Charity.

Day of service

The Toppel Career Center will be hosting its first Day of Service from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Participants will include local employers, Toppel staff members and students. The group will travel to Key Biscayne for a beach clean up.  To RSVP, email alrodriguez@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...