(3/27) News briefs

April fools day

Canes Night Live and the Rat Advisory Board are hosting an April Fools Day event at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Rat. The show will feature Brian B”Daht McLaughlin, a North Carolin radio station comedian and personality and other comedians. The show is titled The Freestyle Funny Comedy Show.

Creativity seminar

UM will host the first international seminar on innovation for content creation from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. next Thursday at the Cosford Cinema. Marlon Quintero, a television producer and content creator, will conduct the seminar. Guest panelists include Ligiah Villalobos, writer for the NBC show “ED,” and Eric Foster, a music producer for artists such as Britney Spears and Whitney Houston. For more information, email infoseminar@cicmedia.tv.

Law school playhouse

The School of Law’s Equity Playhouse will present its production “1L in Wonderland: Fairy Tales Gone Law School” at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Storer Auditorium. The play tells a law school story about final exams in the context of fairy tales. Tickets are required for admission. Student tickets cost $5, and general admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased at the School of Law courtyard near the brick wall. All ticket proceeds will be donated to Project Knucklehead and Hilarity for Charity.

Day of service

The Toppel Career Center will be hosting its first Day of Service from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Participants will include local employers, Toppel staff members and students. The group will travel to Key Biscayne for a beach clean up.  To RSVP, email alrodriguez@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...