(3/27) News briefs

April fools day

Canes Night Live and the Rat Advisory Board are hosting an April Fools Day event at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Rat. The show will feature Brian B”Daht McLaughlin, a North Carolin radio station comedian and personality and other comedians. The show is titled The Freestyle Funny Comedy Show.

Creativity seminar

UM will host the first international seminar on innovation for content creation from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. next Thursday at the Cosford Cinema. Marlon Quintero, a television producer and content creator, will conduct the seminar. Guest panelists include Ligiah Villalobos, writer for the NBC show “ED,” and Eric Foster, a music producer for artists such as Britney Spears and Whitney Houston. For more information, email infoseminar@cicmedia.tv.

Law school playhouse

The School of Law’s Equity Playhouse will present its production “1L in Wonderland: Fairy Tales Gone Law School” at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Storer Auditorium. The play tells a law school story about final exams in the context of fairy tales. Tickets are required for admission. Student tickets cost $5, and general admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased at the School of Law courtyard near the brick wall. All ticket proceeds will be donated to Project Knucklehead and Hilarity for Charity.

Day of service

The Toppel Career Center will be hosting its first Day of Service from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Participants will include local employers, Toppel staff members and students. The group will travel to Key Biscayne for a beach clean up.  To RSVP, email alrodriguez@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

Shaquille Quarterman waited less than 24 hours after Michael Pinckney announced he was returning for ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

The Liaison Committee on Medical Education approved plans developed by the Miller School of Medicine ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Muslim Students of the University of Miami will hold a prayer service at 12:45 p.m. Friday at the La ...

The theme of the 48th annual Women’s Commission Breakfast keynote address, delivered by Dean Laura K ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

Make no mistake about it – the college paths of this dynamic Miami offensive duo are as stark in con ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg captured the first NCAA postseason recognition o ...

It is hard not to think of Miami's Amy Deem when you think of trail blazers in the track and f ...

Friday will be the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Game, while Saturday is Bark in the Park. ...