Edge, Music

Conference features week of music madness

Spring break may be over, but fear not. Winter Music Conference is right around the corner. On its 29th consecutive year, the Winter Music Conference is a musical extravaganza that attracts over 100,000 visitors a year.

There are many events to choose from, whether it’s a club, pool party, lounge or even a yacht. Admission varies from a simple free RSVP to a wallet bruising table at LIV. The opportunity to experience so many different events and to see producers laying down their newest tracks is what makes this event such a unique musical experience.

The Miami Hurricane found five WMC events you won’t want to miss:

Bromance and Friends

Monday 

If you’re searching for a night filled with heavy techno music, look no further. The French producers take over Monday night at Grand Central for Bromance and Friends. Get lost in the beats from Bromance Records’ producers such as Brodinski, Gesaffelstein, Busy P, Club Cheval and others.

Grand Central is located at 697 N. Miami Ave. The event is 18+ from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tickets are $25.

Grand Central Launch Party

Tuesday

Join the Circus Records crew at the exclusive album launch party for the Grand Central, which is a 11-track compilation with Circus Records producers. They take over with a massive lineup including the Flux Pavilion, Doctor P, Cookie Monsta, Lets Be Friends, Mizuki and more surprise guests to be announced.

Located at Grand Central. The event is 18+ and is from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tickets for this event are available online for $30.

HARD Miami: Rump Shaker

Wednesday  

A night full of dancing, booty bass and booty in general is what the sold-out HARD Miami: Rump Shaker is. The event returns to Grand Central again with Boys Noize, Zeds Dead and RL Grime spinning. It’s recommended to stretch before the show so as not to not pull a muscle from the nonstop dancing you’ll do at this event.

Located at Grand Central. The event is 18+ and from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tickets for this event are sold out.

Fool’s Gold Records 

March 28 

What makes this event worth going to? A-Trak, Tchami, Destructo and Nick Catchdubs and other Fool’s Gold record producers spinning for free at Grand Central. A full WMC experience wouldn’t be complete without catching a Fool’s Gold Records event. Entrance is based on capacity, so don’t arrive too late.

Located at Grand Central. The event is 18+ and is from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. RSVP at foolsgoldrecs.com/miami.

UKF Pool Party

March 30

If you’re over 21 and don’t attend a pool party, then you aren’t experiencing WMC to its fullest. Pool parties on South Beach are a must. Don your flashiest bikini or nicest swim trunks for the UKF Pool Party and jam to drum and bass and dubstep. Dirtyphonics, Emalkay and Buku are just some of the producers spinning at the party.

The Clevelander Pool & Patio is located on 1020 Ocean Drive, Miami, Fla. The party is 21+ and is from noon to 10 p.m. Tickets are $25.

Frank Malvar

The word “swag” was mentioned multiple times Tuesday at the inaugural Miami Hurricanes spring practi ...

How did Tate Martell’s Phoenix-based attorney, Travis Leach, convince the NCAA to permit Martell to ...

After a quick courtship, Daran Branch is the newest member of the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020. A ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ high-profile quarterback competition just got super spicy. Tate Martell, the 2 ...

Lots of Hurricanes nuggets on the first day of spring practice: ▪ The UM offense officially entered ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Hear from the Hurricanes as they opened up day one of spring football inside the IPF. ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

Miami rises 13 spots to No. 23 nationally. ...

Going a perfect 5-0 in doubles action, freshmen Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias collected Miami ...