News Briefs 3/6

Spring Break Dining Hours 

University Center

The Food Court will remain closed on weekends. From March 10 to 14, Panda Express, Market Square, Sushi Maki and the Faculty club will be closed. Mango & Manny’s, Wendy’s and Nikos will be open these days until 4 p.m.

Lime will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 8 to 15, and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on March 16. The C-Store will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 10 to 14.

Student Activities Center

In the Student Activities Center, M2O and Jamba Juice will be closed. Starbucks will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and March 15.  From March 10 to 14, it will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Dining Halls

The Mahoney-Pearson and Hecht-Stanford Dining Halls will be closed from Saturday to Sunday, March 16.

Other Locations

Sebastian’s Cafe will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from March 10 to14. Subway will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 10 to14.

Uragano, Oasis and Starbucks across from Richter and the Rathskellar will be closed.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...