News Briefs 3/6

Spring Break Dining Hours 

University Center

The Food Court will remain closed on weekends. From March 10 to 14, Panda Express, Market Square, Sushi Maki and the Faculty club will be closed. Mango & Manny’s, Wendy’s and Nikos will be open these days until 4 p.m.

Lime will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 8 to 15, and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on March 16. The C-Store will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 10 to 14.

Student Activities Center

In the Student Activities Center, M2O and Jamba Juice will be closed. Starbucks will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and March 15.  From March 10 to 14, it will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Dining Halls

The Mahoney-Pearson and Hecht-Stanford Dining Halls will be closed from Saturday to Sunday, March 16.

Other Locations

Sebastian’s Cafe will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from March 10 to14. Subway will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 10 to14.

Uragano, Oasis and Starbucks across from Richter and the Rathskellar will be closed.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...