V's Take

Dear V: Tinder talk could turn turbulent …

V,

This weekend I got a little bit drunk and liked a bunch of guys on Tinder. Now, a few of them have been talking to me but I don’t know what to do. Should I pursue relationships with them, or is that just creepy? And is this considered online dating? I don’t want to be the girl that’s on eHarmony or whatever. Please help! 

Sincerely, 

If I were this popular in real life I’d be a full-on slut

Dear Sandra Bullock,

A little bit drunk? Let’s cut the crap here – you were probably rolling on the floor and cackling like a psycho for two and a half hours. And that’s fine, but take some responsibility for your actions and don’t pretend like you didn’t want to talk to those guys in the first place.

Having the app on your phone is like a sick little mind game that you play with yourself. Every night it’s, “will I go on it today or won’t I?” And those days when you decide that it’s not for you and you delete it, you get drunk and download it all over again … and then the cycle restarts.

As far as actually carrying out conversations and/or relationships with these guys, I’m not really sure. On the one hand, they could be awesome people and the relationship could be everything you’ve ever dreamed of. And on the other hand, they could be crazy, serial killer creepos who made Facebook profiles to scam college girls. You never know.

And let me just point out that Tinder and eHarmony are two very different things. You are not in your forties, nor are you really looking for a “long-term, lifelong relationship” that will become a meaningful part of your otherwise menial existence. You’re just a college student looking to get it. So chill out.

I think it’s worth hitting one of these guys up when you’re drunk at Moe’s this weekend, but that’s just me. I’m always a proponent of a little something something here and there.

Advice Columnist

The word “swag” was mentioned multiple times Tuesday at the inaugural Miami Hurricanes spring practi ...

How did Tate Martell’s Phoenix-based attorney, Travis Leach, convince the NCAA to permit Martell to ...

After a quick courtship, Daran Branch is the newest member of the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020. A ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ high-profile quarterback competition just got super spicy. Tate Martell, the 2 ...

Lots of Hurricanes nuggets on the first day of spring practice: ▪ The UM offense officially entered ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Hear from the Hurricanes as they opened up day one of spring football inside the IPF. ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

Miami rises 13 spots to No. 23 nationally. ...

Going a perfect 5-0 in doubles action, freshmen Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias collected Miami ...