V's Take

Dear V: Tinder talk could turn turbulent …

V,

This weekend I got a little bit drunk and liked a bunch of guys on Tinder. Now, a few of them have been talking to me but I don’t know what to do. Should I pursue relationships with them, or is that just creepy? And is this considered online dating? I don’t want to be the girl that’s on eHarmony or whatever. Please help! 

Sincerely, 

If I were this popular in real life I’d be a full-on slut

Dear Sandra Bullock,

A little bit drunk? Let’s cut the crap here – you were probably rolling on the floor and cackling like a psycho for two and a half hours. And that’s fine, but take some responsibility for your actions and don’t pretend like you didn’t want to talk to those guys in the first place.

Having the app on your phone is like a sick little mind game that you play with yourself. Every night it’s, “will I go on it today or won’t I?” And those days when you decide that it’s not for you and you delete it, you get drunk and download it all over again … and then the cycle restarts.

As far as actually carrying out conversations and/or relationships with these guys, I’m not really sure. On the one hand, they could be awesome people and the relationship could be everything you’ve ever dreamed of. And on the other hand, they could be crazy, serial killer creepos who made Facebook profiles to scam college girls. You never know.

And let me just point out that Tinder and eHarmony are two very different things. You are not in your forties, nor are you really looking for a “long-term, lifelong relationship” that will become a meaningful part of your otherwise menial existence. You’re just a college student looking to get it. So chill out.

I think it’s worth hitting one of these guys up when you’re drunk at Moe’s this weekend, but that’s just me. I’m always a proponent of a little something something here and there.

Advice Columnist

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...