V's Take

Dear V: Tinder talk could turn turbulent …

V,

This weekend I got a little bit drunk and liked a bunch of guys on Tinder. Now, a few of them have been talking to me but I don’t know what to do. Should I pursue relationships with them, or is that just creepy? And is this considered online dating? I don’t want to be the girl that’s on eHarmony or whatever. Please help! 

Sincerely, 

If I were this popular in real life I’d be a full-on slut

Dear Sandra Bullock,

A little bit drunk? Let’s cut the crap here – you were probably rolling on the floor and cackling like a psycho for two and a half hours. And that’s fine, but take some responsibility for your actions and don’t pretend like you didn’t want to talk to those guys in the first place.

Having the app on your phone is like a sick little mind game that you play with yourself. Every night it’s, “will I go on it today or won’t I?” And those days when you decide that it’s not for you and you delete it, you get drunk and download it all over again … and then the cycle restarts.

As far as actually carrying out conversations and/or relationships with these guys, I’m not really sure. On the one hand, they could be awesome people and the relationship could be everything you’ve ever dreamed of. And on the other hand, they could be crazy, serial killer creepos who made Facebook profiles to scam college girls. You never know.

And let me just point out that Tinder and eHarmony are two very different things. You are not in your forties, nor are you really looking for a “long-term, lifelong relationship” that will become a meaningful part of your otherwise menial existence. You’re just a college student looking to get it. So chill out.

I think it’s worth hitting one of these guys up when you’re drunk at Moe’s this weekend, but that’s just me. I’m always a proponent of a little something something here and there.

Advice Columnist

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...