News Briefs 2/24

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton, former United States Secretary of State and former U.S. Senator from New York, will visit the University of Miami Wednesday at the BankUnited Center. Her keynote remarks will begin at 8:30 p.m. Tickets to the event are still available at the University Center ticket window. Only one ticket is allowed per valid Cane Card. The Miami Hurricane will be live tweeting throughout Clinton’s visit, using the hashtag “#HillaryVisitsUM.” Highlights from the event will also be featured on the Hurricane’s multimedia page, themiamihurricane.com/tmhtv.

Greek Week

Greek Week began Sunday with opening ceremonies. As part of Greek Week, the annual blood drive will take place Monday to Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Student Activities Center ballrooms. Philanthropy Day will take place Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Rock. The God and Goddess event will be Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Safe Spring Break

PIER 21 will be presenting Safe Spring Break programs from noon to 2 p.m. Monday to Thursday at the Rock. The events will focus on topics such as personal and highway safety, alcohol, impaired driving, sleep and sun safety. The theme will be “Check Yourself before You Wreck Yourself.”

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

At 9:17 p.m. Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz, who these days doubles as a Hur ...

With just 14 more shopping days before National Signing Day, here’s where the Hurricanes stand with ...

Manny Diaz’s coaching staff for the Miami Hurricanes is finally set. Less than three weeks after he ...

There’s at least a chance this might not be the final season watching a Wade perform on a large Sout ...

The one major hole missing on Manny Diaz’s staff until Friday was the lockdown ace recruiter. The ne ...

A large area of low pressure and arctic air swirling above the North Pole fractured and split into t ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Daevenia Achong of the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team reeled in a pair of ACC accolades, as a ...

University of Miami sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera, ranked No. 21 on the Oracle/ITA singles list, g ...

Following a one-week absence, the Miami women's basketball team reentered the top 25 of the USA ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...