V's Take

Dear V: I’m falling for my stepsister …

V,

My dad remarried three years ago, and my stepmom has a hot daughter. I found out she is coming to UM next fall as a freshman. I don’t know what to do. Should I avoid her? Should I pretend I don’t imagine us having sex?

Love Not Actually

Dear Karen Smith,

While I can understand the allure of a younger mate, you should set your sights on someone who won’t be sitting across the table from you at Thanksgiving dinners.

Let’s visualize this situation for a moment: You get with her, and it’s awesome so you keep doing it. It’s tons of fun, because let’s face it, anything that’s even slightly illicit seems fun. It’s all very exciting and erotic, and you play footsie during your weekly family dinners.

But then your parents find out. And then what happens? I’ll tell you: Your parents get really freaked out and look at you like you’re aliens. They will tell you that you should move to Podunk, Ky., because who marries their sister in Miami?

You then go on to answer that you’re not getting married; you’re just having fun. They later freak out some more because ew, you’re their children. It’ll just end up being a sh*t show.

However, I do think it’s worth giving into temptation. We’re all entitled to our guilty pleasures every now and then.

Show her around town and hang out with her. Maybe being with her for prolonged periods of time and in social settings makes you realize how annoying she actually is. Or maybe you’ll just fall madly in love with her.

Just play it by ear. If you need a reference on stepbrother/sister relationships, check out some Italian films. Those crazy Europeans are chock full of racy information.

Advice Columnist

At 9:17 p.m. Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz, who these days doubles as a Hur ...

With just 14 more shopping days before National Signing Day, here’s where the Hurricanes stand with ...

Manny Diaz’s coaching staff for the Miami Hurricanes is finally set. Less than three weeks after he ...

There’s at least a chance this might not be the final season watching a Wade perform on a large Sout ...

The one major hole missing on Manny Diaz’s staff until Friday was the lockdown ace recruiter. The ne ...

A large area of low pressure and arctic air swirling above the North Pole fractured and split into t ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Daevenia Achong of the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team reeled in a pair of ACC accolades, as a ...

University of Miami sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera, ranked No. 21 on the Oracle/ITA singles list, g ...

Following a one-week absence, the Miami women's basketball team reentered the top 25 of the USA ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...