Culture

Songs to tune up the day

For the people who still believe in romance and have someone who shares that optimism, Valentine’s Day might be the best day of the year. Others would rather not leave the house to avoid the cheaply marketed, artificially sweetened, madness-inducing illusions of love. If you’re sailing through the tunnel of love or binging on Netflix and chalky conversation hearts, music is a faithful companion. Check out these tracks guaranteed to help liven up Valentine’s Day – regardless of your relationship status.

For Singles:

1. Make Out- Maybe I’m The One (For Me)

2. Destiny’s Child- Independent Women Part1

3. Lauryn Hill feat. Mary J Blige- I Used to Love Him

4. Jay-Z- 99 Problems

5. Robyn- Dancing On My Own

6. India Shawn- I’m Alive

It’s Complicated:

1. Rico Love- They Don’t Know

2. Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

3. Biz Markie- Just A Friend

4. Fiona Apple- Criminal

5. The Virgins- One Week Of Danger

6. Speedy Ortiz- Suck Buddies

For Couples:

1. Maroon 5- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green cover)

2. Rhye- Open

3. Chairlift- I Belong In Your Arms

4. Joss Stone- Fell In Love With A Boy

5. Corinne Bailey Rae- I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince cover)

6. MS MR- BTSK

7. Mazzy Star- Fade Into You

8. Beyonce- Partition

Gabriella Hirsch

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...