Songs to tune up the day

For the people who still believe in romance and have someone who shares that optimism, Valentine’s Day might be the best day of the year. Others would rather not leave the house to avoid the cheaply marketed, artificially sweetened, madness-inducing illusions of love. If you’re sailing through the tunnel of love or binging on Netflix and chalky conversation hearts, music is a faithful companion. Check out these tracks guaranteed to help liven up Valentine’s Day – regardless of your relationship status.

For Singles:

1. Make Out- Maybe I’m The One (For Me)

2. Destiny’s Child- Independent Women Part1

3. Lauryn Hill feat. Mary J Blige- I Used to Love Him

4. Jay-Z- 99 Problems

5. Robyn- Dancing On My Own

6. India Shawn- I’m Alive

It’s Complicated:

1. Rico Love- They Don’t Know

2. Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

3. Biz Markie- Just A Friend

4. Fiona Apple- Criminal

5. The Virgins- One Week Of Danger

6. Speedy Ortiz- Suck Buddies

For Couples:

1. Maroon 5- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green cover)

2. Rhye- Open

3. Chairlift- I Belong In Your Arms

4. Joss Stone- Fell In Love With A Boy

5. Corinne Bailey Rae- I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince cover)

6. MS MR- BTSK

7. Mazzy Star- Fade Into You

8. Beyonce- Partition

Gabriella Hirsch

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...