Edge, Fashion

Fashion to fit any emergency

Every girl knows the feeling of being hours away from a date with nothing to wear.  A date is about more than just how you look, but you might need to feel good about your outfit to be confident during the date. The Miami Hurricane has put together a list of the top five stores to check out during those date night outfit emergencies.

Anthropologie

Located both in the Village of Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall, Anthropologie can be somewhat pricey, but it is always worth it. The store is known for its natural tones and copious amounts of dainty bows and frills.  We especially love the tailored silk dresses because they look good on almost anyone and can easily be paired with a cotton sweater and sandals, or a blazer and wedges. The best thing about this store is its accessories. Go to Anthropologie to find little trinkets like pins and necklaces that can elevate an otherwise drab outfit into something date-worthy.

Bebe

This store is also found in Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall. This is the place to find sophisticated silk halter tops, colored skinny jeans and, of course, that little black dress. An outfit from Bebe is reasonably priced and perfect for the city chic Miami girl to wear to a dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

Francesca’s Collection

Even though this store has only one location near UM in Merrick Park, it’s completely worth the trip. This scenic boutique always uses quality fabric at a relatively inexpensive price; you can get a whole outfit for under $100.  It’s a cheaper and trendier version of Anthropologie, but quality isn’t sacrificed. Our seasonal favorites are the strapless brocade dress, the embroidered peasant top – in a deep blue or white – and the sequined skirts that Francesca’s is known for.

J. Crew

Also located at the Village of Merrick Park and at Dadeland, J. Crew is a definite stop for the preppier girl. The prices are more expensive, but these items are classic and can be worn again and again. Our favorite pieces are the sleeveless floral halter top, the stretch cotton pants and the pleated silk dress.

American Eagle

Located in Sunset place, American Eagle is the perfect place to find girly dresses and skirts that are still casual. If you have a dinner date at an informal restaurant, we definitely recommend stopping here. Our favorites of the season are the mesh halter dress (in either light pink or cream) and the crochet crinkle tank. This is also the perfect place to get cheap accessories like infinity scarves, aviator glasses, informal chandelier earrings and long statement necklaces.

Alexandra DiBacco

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...