Edge, Fashion

Fashion to fit any emergency

Every girl knows the feeling of being hours away from a date with nothing to wear.  A date is about more than just how you look, but you might need to feel good about your outfit to be confident during the date. The Miami Hurricane has put together a list of the top five stores to check out during those date night outfit emergencies.

Anthropologie

Located both in the Village of Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall, Anthropologie can be somewhat pricey, but it is always worth it. The store is known for its natural tones and copious amounts of dainty bows and frills.  We especially love the tailored silk dresses because they look good on almost anyone and can easily be paired with a cotton sweater and sandals, or a blazer and wedges. The best thing about this store is its accessories. Go to Anthropologie to find little trinkets like pins and necklaces that can elevate an otherwise drab outfit into something date-worthy.

Bebe

This store is also found in Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall. This is the place to find sophisticated silk halter tops, colored skinny jeans and, of course, that little black dress. An outfit from Bebe is reasonably priced and perfect for the city chic Miami girl to wear to a dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

Francesca’s Collection

Even though this store has only one location near UM in Merrick Park, it’s completely worth the trip. This scenic boutique always uses quality fabric at a relatively inexpensive price; you can get a whole outfit for under $100.  It’s a cheaper and trendier version of Anthropologie, but quality isn’t sacrificed. Our seasonal favorites are the strapless brocade dress, the embroidered peasant top – in a deep blue or white – and the sequined skirts that Francesca’s is known for.

J. Crew

Also located at the Village of Merrick Park and at Dadeland, J. Crew is a definite stop for the preppier girl. The prices are more expensive, but these items are classic and can be worn again and again. Our favorite pieces are the sleeveless floral halter top, the stretch cotton pants and the pleated silk dress.

American Eagle

Located in Sunset place, American Eagle is the perfect place to find girly dresses and skirts that are still casual. If you have a dinner date at an informal restaurant, we definitely recommend stopping here. Our favorites of the season are the mesh halter dress (in either light pink or cream) and the crochet crinkle tank. This is also the perfect place to get cheap accessories like infinity scarves, aviator glasses, informal chandelier earrings and long statement necklaces.

Alexandra DiBacco

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...