Edge, Fashion

Fashion to fit any emergency

Every girl knows the feeling of being hours away from a date with nothing to wear.  A date is about more than just how you look, but you might need to feel good about your outfit to be confident during the date. The Miami Hurricane has put together a list of the top five stores to check out during those date night outfit emergencies.

Anthropologie

Located both in the Village of Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall, Anthropologie can be somewhat pricey, but it is always worth it. The store is known for its natural tones and copious amounts of dainty bows and frills.  We especially love the tailored silk dresses because they look good on almost anyone and can easily be paired with a cotton sweater and sandals, or a blazer and wedges. The best thing about this store is its accessories. Go to Anthropologie to find little trinkets like pins and necklaces that can elevate an otherwise drab outfit into something date-worthy.

Bebe

This store is also found in Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall. This is the place to find sophisticated silk halter tops, colored skinny jeans and, of course, that little black dress. An outfit from Bebe is reasonably priced and perfect for the city chic Miami girl to wear to a dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

Francesca’s Collection

Even though this store has only one location near UM in Merrick Park, it’s completely worth the trip. This scenic boutique always uses quality fabric at a relatively inexpensive price; you can get a whole outfit for under $100.  It’s a cheaper and trendier version of Anthropologie, but quality isn’t sacrificed. Our seasonal favorites are the strapless brocade dress, the embroidered peasant top – in a deep blue or white – and the sequined skirts that Francesca’s is known for.

J. Crew

Also located at the Village of Merrick Park and at Dadeland, J. Crew is a definite stop for the preppier girl. The prices are more expensive, but these items are classic and can be worn again and again. Our favorite pieces are the sleeveless floral halter top, the stretch cotton pants and the pleated silk dress.

American Eagle

Located in Sunset place, American Eagle is the perfect place to find girly dresses and skirts that are still casual. If you have a dinner date at an informal restaurant, we definitely recommend stopping here. Our favorites of the season are the mesh halter dress (in either light pink or cream) and the crochet crinkle tank. This is also the perfect place to get cheap accessories like infinity scarves, aviator glasses, informal chandelier earrings and long statement necklaces.

Alexandra DiBacco

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...