Lack of basketball support disappoints

I am extremely disappointed at the lack of support by the students for the basketball games. I watch games on TV and see student sections filled to capacity, but at Miami it is worse than pathetic. A lot of people put up a lot of money to provide an on-campus facility, and it goes totally unappreciated. It has to be a total embarrassment to the team to see so few turn out to support their efforts. If I can drive over thirty miles from Weston to attend the games, I would think the students could walk across campus.

Harold M. Malin, Class of 1964

Past President, U of M Hurricane Club

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...