V's Take

Dear V: Too tipsy on the dance floor …

V,

I fell on the dance floor at a frat party. I can’t remember much from that night, but I do remember him. He helped me up, and I could not imagine anyone more attractive. I was caught off guard, and he took me to a nearby chair. We started flirting. Both of us were drunk, which meant that talking was out of the question. But hooking up was not. We made out for a while until my friend told me it was time to leave. We kissed on top of the car, and then I said “I love you.” At the time, I didn’t realize what an idiot I made of myself. I like this guy, but I don’t want to seem crazy. What should I do?

Crazy in Love

Dear Beyonce,

That night, you not only wore your new, cute (and disposable) Forever 21 dress, but also tried on a new set of beer goggles. Beer goggles distort your perception to such an extent that frat parties become as fancy as Gatsby’s shindig or an after-Oscars party.

You could have fallen in love with the grimiest of frat royalty. You could have also ended up as the inspiration for a “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit” episode. I expect you’d survive at the end.

Alas, you think you found your prince charming, so we’ll go with your version of the story.

Wearing your beer goggles has its advantages. Under the force of foamy, cheap beer, you’re more likely to tell the truth without having to worry about Trish making fun of any extra Nutella weight you may have put on during winter break.

Saying “I love you” is not the end of the world. In fact, you’ve skipped some of the unimportant steps before getting to that point. Love at first sight can be a real thing. You didn’t care where this frat bro came from; it’s an unadulterated attraction that might make for a good reality show on E! or MTV.

Think about the tell-all book you’re going to publish when you’re 40 with three kids. The headlines will read “Sparkling housewife finds love at first sight.” After a few appearances on the “Today Show” and “Good Morning America,” you will be well on your way to a spot on coveted daytime talk shows. Look out, Whoopi!

So don’t stress over a small Freudian slip. See it as a good career move and getting a head start on the competition.

As Sasha Fierce once said, if you like it, then you should’ve put a ring on it.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...