Baseball, Sports

Sports Briefs 2/6

BASEBALL

The Hurricanes will kick off their 2014 season on the diamond with Fan Fest this Saturday.

Miami’s annual event is free and open to the public. The activities begin at 4 p.m. at Alex Rodriguez Park. Events include fan batting practice, locker room tours and an autograph session at 4:30 p.m.

Then, Canes both old and new will face off in the Alumni Game.  A team of former Miami players will compete against the current roster, with first pitch slated for 7 p.m.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Spencer Dandes

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...