V's Take

Dear V: Nice guys finish without me …

V,

There’s a guy that I’ve been friends with for a long time who has always had a thing for me. He’s always there for me and he tells me I’m beautiful on a daily basis. I’ve been hesitant about being with him because he doesn’t rank too highly in the looks department, but I always thought that we could be something in the future. Anyway, the other day I found out that there’s some girl he’s been seeing and she’s even slept in his apartment a few times. What do I do? Should this make me forget about him? Is our future over? Ugh.

Even the nice guy is a douche

Dear John Tucker,

The poor guy has been waiting for you for God knows how long. Do you blame him for wanting to get some action with some chick he met at the bar? Because I sure as hell don’t.

You can’t just keep men lined up waiting for you. They have their own desires and needs that they need to satisfy and they’ll do that with or without you.

Have you been completely celibate since you’ve known him? Have there not been guys sleeping in your apartment too? I don’t mean to put you on blast here, but let’s be real – no one can survive loneliness for that long. You could have at least thrown the guy a bone and let him bone you. Then you’d have more reason to be pissed about this.

Plus, you basically told me you’re not attracted to him, so why do you care? Unless you’re actually truly, madly, deeply in love with him, you should woman up and just tell him.

If you’ve had this connection with him for such a long time, why wouldn’t you just capitalize on it? Who cares if he’s not that pretty? People can grow into falling for each other and you may end up being able to look past the physical flaws.

Try it out – you don’t need a Brittany Snow to help you see the error of your ways. You just need a Penn Badgley to have sex with and stroke his curly hair.

Advice Columnist

So what do UM Board of Trustee members think of what’s going on with the football program? Conversat ...

The University of Miami has dismissed wide receiver Jeff Thomas — widely recognized as the most gift ...

University of Miami sophomore receiver Jeff Thomas, widely considered the team’s most gifted player ...

Khris Bogle isn’t shy about his enthusiasm for the Alabama Crimson Tide after a recent visit to Tusc ...

Finally, the Eye on the U podcast comes to your ears after a Miami Hurricanes win. Miami went on the ...

Throughout campus, students expressed gratitude that they can be at UM and visit family during the T ...

Vector-borne specialist John Beier tells us what we should know about the illness. ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

Jaquan Johnson, Michael Jackson and Sheldrick Redwine have forged an unbreakable bond at Miami and a ...

Canes and Explorers kick off tournament Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team is set to host its annual Miami Thanksgiving Classi ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...