V's Take

Dear V: Nice guys finish without me …

V,

There’s a guy that I’ve been friends with for a long time who has always had a thing for me. He’s always there for me and he tells me I’m beautiful on a daily basis. I’ve been hesitant about being with him because he doesn’t rank too highly in the looks department, but I always thought that we could be something in the future. Anyway, the other day I found out that there’s some girl he’s been seeing and she’s even slept in his apartment a few times. What do I do? Should this make me forget about him? Is our future over? Ugh.

Even the nice guy is a douche

Dear John Tucker,

The poor guy has been waiting for you for God knows how long. Do you blame him for wanting to get some action with some chick he met at the bar? Because I sure as hell don’t.

You can’t just keep men lined up waiting for you. They have their own desires and needs that they need to satisfy and they’ll do that with or without you.

Have you been completely celibate since you’ve known him? Have there not been guys sleeping in your apartment too? I don’t mean to put you on blast here, but let’s be real – no one can survive loneliness for that long. You could have at least thrown the guy a bone and let him bone you. Then you’d have more reason to be pissed about this.

Plus, you basically told me you’re not attracted to him, so why do you care? Unless you’re actually truly, madly, deeply in love with him, you should woman up and just tell him.

If you’ve had this connection with him for such a long time, why wouldn’t you just capitalize on it? Who cares if he’s not that pretty? People can grow into falling for each other and you may end up being able to look past the physical flaws.

Try it out – you don’t need a Brittany Snow to help you see the error of your ways. You just need a Penn Badgley to have sex with and stroke his curly hair.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...