Community, Edge

Save these dates for cultural craze

Spice up the shortest month of the year by expanding your weekend routine. Break out of the usual pattern of house parties, SoBe, Grove, repeat, and immerse yourself in the spectrum of Miami culture. Check out The Miami Hurricane’s calendar of February events you won’t want to miss.

Kele Okereke at Bardot Feb. 6

The lead singer of British rock band Bloc Party, Kele Okereke, will spin at Bardot on Thursday, Feb. 6. Spend the night surrounded by trendy 20 and 30-somethings appreciating Okereke’s unique sound. Enjoy the set and toss back a couple of drinks; it’s technically almost the weekend.

Tickets are $15. Doors open at 10 p.m. Bardot is located at 3456 N. Miami Ave.

Wynwood Art Walk Feb. 8

The Wynwood Art Walk is a monthly ritual for many artsy Miamians, but it’s also great for the casual viewer. Every second Saturday, the public is invited to walk around Wynwood and enjoy the culture. Experience the street art that made this area famous, from the unforgettable Wynwood Walls to the variety of galleries. This month’s Art Walk is Feb. 8.

The Wynwood Art Walk is located between NE 20th St. and NE 36th St., and from NW 6 to NE 2 Ave. For more information, visit wynwoodmiami.com.

Coconut Grove Arts Festival Feb. 15-17

The 51st annual Coconut Grove Arts Festival will feature claywork, digital art, edible art, 3-D mixed media, glass, watercolor and photography, exposing the average viewer to mediums they never experienced before. The three-day festival showcases art from more than 380 international artists and craftsmen. Tickets for Coconut Grove residents are $5 and $15 for the general public.

The Coconut Grove Arts Festival is from Feb. 15 to Feb. 17. Coconut Grove Arts Festival is located at 3390 Mary St.

Toro y Moi Feb. 18

Anyone looking for new, cutting edge music should check out Grand Central on Feb. 18 to watch chillwave performer Toro y Moi. For those unfamiliar with chillwave, it is ambient hipster electro music that involves synthesizers, looping and sampling.

Concert is open to all ages. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $15. Grand Central is located at 697 N. Miami Ave.

Moksha Roots Feb. 21

Frank Malvar

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...