News, Student Government

Two teams announced for SG elections

Two teams are running for Student Government elections this semester.

This year, the tickets are titled “Amplify U” and “Unite the U.”

Juniors Seth Furman, Skip McClinton and Jaldhi Patel will run for the positions of president, vice president and treasurer, respectively, and comprise the “Amplify U” ticket.

For “Unite the U,” junior Alessandria San Roman will run as president, junior William Herrera as vice president, with junior Dariel Fagundo as treasurer.

Campaigning will begin the week of Feb. 10, and voting will start on Feb. 17 and end on Feb. 19.

Voting will take place each day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. SG will announce further details about voting instructions.

Unlike previous semesters, there will not be any referenda on the ballot.

Last semester, the only referendum on the ballot involved increasing the student activity fee by $6 to provide funds for the university’s radio station, WVUM, and the student newspaper, The Miami Hurricane.

In addition to executive positions, Senate seats will also be on the ballot. Senators represent the university’s colleges and student populations, such as commuters.

STUDENT GOVERNMENT VOTING INFORMATION

Campaigning for SG elections will begin Feb. 10.

Voting will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17 to Feb. 19. Voting locations will be announced soon.

Students will be able to vote for SG executive positions and any open Senate seats. There are no referenda on the ballot this semester.

For more information, contact sgelections@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol