News, Student Government

Two teams announced for SG elections

Two teams are running for Student Government elections this semester.

This year, the tickets are titled “Amplify U” and “Unite the U.”

Juniors Seth Furman, Skip McClinton and Jaldhi Patel will run for the positions of president, vice president and treasurer, respectively, and comprise the “Amplify U” ticket.

For “Unite the U,” junior Alessandria San Roman will run as president, junior William Herrera as vice president, with junior Dariel Fagundo as treasurer.

Campaigning will begin the week of Feb. 10, and voting will start on Feb. 17 and end on Feb. 19.

Voting will take place each day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. SG will announce further details about voting instructions.

Unlike previous semesters, there will not be any referenda on the ballot.

Last semester, the only referendum on the ballot involved increasing the student activity fee by $6 to provide funds for the university’s radio station, WVUM, and the student newspaper, The Miami Hurricane.

In addition to executive positions, Senate seats will also be on the ballot. Senators represent the university’s colleges and student populations, such as commuters.

STUDENT GOVERNMENT VOTING INFORMATION

Campaigning for SG elections will begin Feb. 10.

Voting will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17 to Feb. 19. Voting locations will be announced soon.

Students will be able to vote for SG executive positions and any open Senate seats. There are no referenda on the ballot this semester.

For more information, contact sgelections@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...