V's Take

Dear V: My man parted the red sea …

Last week I went on a date with a new fling. We had a great time earlier in the evening and really seemed to hit it off. After going back to his place and sliding into third, I got a special encore performance from my dear Aunt Flow. Needless to say I was absolutely mortified. I really like him but I am not sure how to act around him anymore. Should I pretend like nothing embarrassing happened, or ignore him forever and wallow in shame?

Help, 

Anonymous

Dear Tampax commercial,

Everyone should be keeping a calendar and know when it’s the time of the month. But let’s say for a second that you forgot and it just slipped your mind to pack a tampon. That’s fine, it happens to the best of us but seriously that’s gross.

Men barely tolerate talking about a woman’s period, let alone having it all over their fingers. I’ve had boyfriends who look at me weird when I mention cramps … I can’t even imagine what they’d say if they had to deal with my period blood all over their hands.

If you know this guy well enough you should just talk it out with him. Tell him that it’s a natural bodily function and you just couldn’t control it. I’m assuming he’s straight so he’s going to have to deal with this from you or some other woman for the rest of his life. It’s better that he learns now.

However, I think it’s safe to assume that you don’t know this guy very well. In that case, screw it and don’t talk to him ever again. It’s really not a huge deal – people have gone through way worse.

Some guys enjoy this stuff though so maybe you’ll get lucky and he’s one of those guys. I’ve been told that it’s period sex is great for all parties involved (something about more lubrication and sensitivity) so if this dude calls you again, suggest something kinky … you never know where the night will go.

Don’t wallow in shame – at least you found out before you ruined a pair of sheets.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...

Miami was leading, 10-3, when umpires suspended play at 7 p.m. on Friday. ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

No. 42 Adria Soriano Barrera collects top-25 victory against No. 21 Alexis Galarneau ...

Check out the UM Department of Athletics' e-magazine for April. ...