V's Take

Dear V: My man parted the red sea …

Last week I went on a date with a new fling. We had a great time earlier in the evening and really seemed to hit it off. After going back to his place and sliding into third, I got a special encore performance from my dear Aunt Flow. Needless to say I was absolutely mortified. I really like him but I am not sure how to act around him anymore. Should I pretend like nothing embarrassing happened, or ignore him forever and wallow in shame?

Help, 

Anonymous

Dear Tampax commercial,

Everyone should be keeping a calendar and know when it’s the time of the month. But let’s say for a second that you forgot and it just slipped your mind to pack a tampon. That’s fine, it happens to the best of us but seriously that’s gross.

Men barely tolerate talking about a woman’s period, let alone having it all over their fingers. I’ve had boyfriends who look at me weird when I mention cramps … I can’t even imagine what they’d say if they had to deal with my period blood all over their hands.

If you know this guy well enough you should just talk it out with him. Tell him that it’s a natural bodily function and you just couldn’t control it. I’m assuming he’s straight so he’s going to have to deal with this from you or some other woman for the rest of his life. It’s better that he learns now.

However, I think it’s safe to assume that you don’t know this guy very well. In that case, screw it and don’t talk to him ever again. It’s really not a huge deal – people have gone through way worse.

Some guys enjoy this stuff though so maybe you’ll get lucky and he’s one of those guys. I’ve been told that it’s period sex is great for all parties involved (something about more lubrication and sensitivity) so if this dude calls you again, suggest something kinky … you never know where the night will go.

Don’t wallow in shame – at least you found out before you ruined a pair of sheets.

Advice Columnist

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...