Speak Ups 1/27

Michael Strupp, freshman

“I think it’s great. I saw that there’s a bunch of things in place like the Counseling Center and all that if you need to go there.”

Juliana Berhane, junior

“It’s openly talked about in some aspects like when it comes to obviously stress about classes, tests, things like that. I definitely hear people on campus talking about it.”

Lily Esfandiery, freshman

“They already make that a required fee so everyone has to have the access to it at all times. That is a good thing.”

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

In a letter on Wednesday, President Julio Frenk unveiled a 15-point plan to improve and build upon d

Two technology experts with the University of Miami explain the origins of “bots” and their role on

During Tuesday’s virtual events, members of the University of Miami leadership discussed the essenti

Groundbreaking scientific research and innovative discoveries from the University of Miami will be f

Rosenstiel School researchers David Nolan, Brian McNoldy, James Hlywiak, and Jimmy Ge are using soph