V's Take

Dear V: I’m hopeful after a hookup …

V,

I hooked up with a guy on Friday and I haven’t heard from him since. Granted, I don’t think I saved my number to his phone correctly, but still, he could’ve contacted me through a mutual friend. I think the hookup went wonderfully, but maybe I overestimated the experience. I should probably just move on to the next one, right? Or should I hang on and hope that he’ll reach out to me?

I kissed a rando and I liked it

Dear Every Single College Freshman Ever,

The chances that a drunken hookup is going to amount to anything more than that are slim to none.
While it’s still possible that this guy could text you, if I were you I would cut my losses. Who knows? Maybe you have a magical golden vagina and he just can’t get enough. Maybe he’s waiting to text you for emphasis. He could be trying to make an entrance.  You never know.
However, let’s entertain the more probable possibility – that he’ll never speak to you again. You’ll see him casually at some mutual friend’s party or at the Grove and it’ll be awkward for a bit, but you’ll get through it.
At the very least, you’ll get a consistent hookup buddy out of it. If he’s willing to hook up with you once, he’ll be willing to hook up with you again. Especially after one or two cups of Moose Juice at Moe’s.
In the meantime, just head on over to a frat party and prey on one of the unsuspecting pledges.
Ain’t nobody gonna stop you.

Advice Columnist

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...