News Briefs 1/23

Lunar new year celebration

The Asian American Students Association and Chinese Students and Scholars Association will celebrate the new Year of the Horse on Friday. The celebration is open to students, their families, and friends, as well as faculty and staff. Remember to wear red as is customary in Lunar New Year Celebrations.

Hilary Clinton ticketing

Distribution of tickets to see Hillary Clinton will begin on Monday across all campuses. Only one ticket per Cane Card will be allowed.

Student tickets for undergraduate, graduate and law students on the Coral Gables campus will be distributed from the University Center Ticket Window starting at 8:30 a.m. The ticket window will be distributing tickets as long as they last.

It is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Medical students at the Miller School of Medicine will receive emails from Student Government with instructions for reserving tickets for pick-up at the Miller Campus.

Ticket distribution for non-employee graduate students on the Miller Campus will begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Office of Graduate Studies located in Room 650, RMSB, Suite 1128.

Graduate students at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will be able to pick-up tickets from the Graduate Student Office located in SLAB 130 beginning at 9 a.m.

New CaneID self-service portal

The University of Miami Information and Technology team has redeveloped the way students can manage their CaneIDs with a new portal that will allow users to register, reset security questions, and change their settings manually. To use the new system, visit caneid.miami.edu.

Danny Cepero may be emailed at dcepero@themiamihurricane.com. 

Daniel Cepero

Multimedia Editor

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...