News Briefs 1/23

Lunar new year celebration

The Asian American Students Association and Chinese Students and Scholars Association will celebrate the new Year of the Horse on Friday. The celebration is open to students, their families, and friends, as well as faculty and staff. Remember to wear red as is customary in Lunar New Year Celebrations.

Hilary Clinton ticketing

Distribution of tickets to see Hillary Clinton will begin on Monday across all campuses. Only one ticket per Cane Card will be allowed.

Student tickets for undergraduate, graduate and law students on the Coral Gables campus will be distributed from the University Center Ticket Window starting at 8:30 a.m. The ticket window will be distributing tickets as long as they last.

It is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Medical students at the Miller School of Medicine will receive emails from Student Government with instructions for reserving tickets for pick-up at the Miller Campus.

Ticket distribution for non-employee graduate students on the Miller Campus will begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Office of Graduate Studies located in Room 650, RMSB, Suite 1128.

Graduate students at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will be able to pick-up tickets from the Graduate Student Office located in SLAB 130 beginning at 9 a.m.

New CaneID self-service portal

The University of Miami Information and Technology team has redeveloped the way students can manage their CaneIDs with a new portal that will allow users to register, reset security questions, and change their settings manually. To use the new system, visit caneid.miami.edu.

Danny Cepero may be emailed at dcepero@themiamihurricane.com. 

Daniel Cepero

Multimedia Editor

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...