V's Take

Dear V: From silly snaps to sexy texts …

V,

I started using Snapchat recently and I love it. Only problem is, I added one of my guy friends and we Snapchat constantly. I love receiving his snaps, but sometimes I wish he’d just text me. He’s awkward, and I’m awkward, and it’s just really funny how we manage to communicate so effectively through snaps (which only allows for a limited amount of characters). But he should text me if he’s so interested in chatting.

And, just last week, he snapped me asking for a revealing snap. I’m definitely not comfortable doing that, and I let him down. But now I’m scared he won’t think of me as more than a friend.

Really, all I want him to do is text me and ask me out for drinks or a date. Is that too much to ask for? If he doesn’t want to text me, why isn’t he snapping me out on a date?

Frustrated with these 10 seconds or less  

Dear Marnie Michaels,

Modern-day dating is confusing and annoying. People don’t call anyone anymore and God forbid you ever actually go on a date.

That being said, I think you’re making good headway with the snapchatting thing. He definitely seems to be interested in you if he’s spending time thinking of quirky ways of keeping in touch with you. And he’s definitely interested if he keeps asking you for nudes.

I agree though that it’s time to make the transition to texting. Grow some balls and text him. There’s nothing to lose and who knows? Maybe you’ll get a nice quickie out of it. At the very least there’s no shame in trying.

Stop doubting yourself and just have sex with him already. It’s Wednesday night baby, and you should be feeling alive.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...