Hillary Clinton to speak on campus next month

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be visiting the University of Miami campus on Feb. 26.

Clinton, who is the likely Democratic Party candidate for the 2016 presidential election, served as the 67th U.S. Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. Most recently, Barbara Walters named Clinton “the Most Fascinating Person of 2013.” On the show, which aired for the first time in 2013, Clinton said she would decide whether she would run for president again “sometime next year.”

Prior to that, she served as first lady to the U.S. and as senator of New York. In 2008, she ran for president of the United States but failed to win the nomination of the Democratic Party.

The event will take place at the BankUnited Center at 8:30 p.m. More details about her visit, including the topic of her remarks, will be disclosed as the date approaches. The event is for the UM community, and ticket information will be available at miami.edu/clintonvisit.

Clinton’s visit next month will mark her third appearance to campus in the last six and half years. She first came  on Sept. 9, 2007, as part of the Democratic Presidential Candidates Forum. Then she visited as a presidential candidate on May 21, 2008.

UM President Donna E. Shalala, who served as the Secretary for Health and Human Services under former President Bill Clinton for eight years, expressed her sentiments about the upcoming visit.

“I’m delighted our students will have the chance to listen to and learn from one of America’s most inspirational leaders and role models,” she said.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

The word “swag” was mentioned multiple times Tuesday at the inaugural Miami Hurricanes spring practi ...

How did Tate Martell’s Phoenix-based attorney, Travis Leach, convince the NCAA to permit Martell to ...

After a quick courtship, Daran Branch is the newest member of the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020. A ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ high-profile quarterback competition just got super spicy. Tate Martell, the 2 ...

Lots of Hurricanes nuggets on the first day of spring practice: ▪ The UM offense officially entered ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Hear from the Hurricanes as they opened up day one of spring football inside the IPF. ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

Miami rises 13 spots to No. 23 nationally. ...

Going a perfect 5-0 in doubles action, freshmen Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias collected Miami ...